THIS RACE IS NAMED IN HONOR OF LARRY 'LEGEND' OLSEN. LARRY WAS AN OUTSTANDING RUNNER, COACH & FRIEND. HE WON USA TRACK AND FIELD MASTERS NATIONAL RUNNER OF THE YEAR FIVE TIMES, SET SEVERAL US NATIONAL MASTERS RECORDS, WAS AN 8-TIME USATF-NE ROAD GRAND PRIX SERIES MASTER'S CHAMPION, AND HAD THE DISTINCTION OF BEING THE OUTRIGHT WINNER OF RACES IN EACH DECADE OF HIS LIFE FROM HIS TEENS TO AGE 60+. HE WAS A FOUNDER OF THE TRI-VALLEY FRONTRUNNERS RUNNING CLUB & DEDICATED COACH FOR THE HOPEDALE HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS CROSS COUNTRY TEAM. LARRY OLSEN WAS INDUCTED INTO THE MASTERS USATF HALL OF FAME IN 2014.
Date/Time: Saturday September 24, 2022, 10am Start
Awards - No Duplicates
- Top Male & Female overall will be awarded trophies
- Top 3 medals awarded to Male and Female categories:
14 & under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, & 70+
COURSE ROUTE INCLUDES ~3mi of wide & mostly smooth park trails, remaining distance is on roads. ( Larry's typical training route ). USATF certified course map. Course preview video courtesy of Rob Liscombe.
- Parking: Ample street parking surrounding start and finish areas.
- Refreshments & Snacks:
- Results to be posted at https://resultscui.active.com/ following the race,
- COURSE RECORDS: Matthew Moran (35:03) 2014 || Heather Mahoney (39:53) 2013
- Kid's Dash at 11:50am - All entries receive a race bib and finisher's ribbon! $5.00
Event details and schedule
- $20 for 10K Pre-Registration.
- 10K Post registration increases to $25.
- 19yrs old & under registration cost is $15,
- Age 70+ is free (mail-in your registration, sorry no on-line for 70+)
- $5 for Kid's Dash (Race Bibs & Ribbons for Kid's Entries!)
Starting Time s :
- Registration Opens at 8:30am (located at the Hopedale Pond Boat House)
- 10K Race Starts at 10am
- Awards at 11:30am
- Kids Dash at 11:50am
Sorry - No Refunds