Join Operation Shockwave for the 2nd annual
Operation Shockwave is focused on Veteran suicide prevention using complementary and integrative healing modalities. The 2nd Annual RUN2SAVE22 5K is a way for all of us to focus on the community health approach to Veteran suicide prevention. We can all be #BetterTogether for Veterans and their families and raise awareness on this important issue. All proceeds benefit Operation Shockwave Veteran integrative healing programs in service of 500,000 Veterans and their family members living in Arizona.
Suicide is preventable and there are several actions that can help make a difference:
- Reach out to the Veterans in your life to let them know that you care. Send a text, swing by to check-in, or simply ask, “How’s it going?”
- Respond with compassion if someone indicates they are having suicidal thoughts. Remain calm and engaged. Do not leave the Veteran alone and seek immediate assistance with emergency services (911) and/or the Veterans Crisis Line (Text 838255 or Call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1).
Event details and schedule
Mail-in and Virtual Registration
To register by mail please complete and return our Mail-in Registration Form! Please make checks payable to StartLine Racing.
We are excited to announce our RUN2SAVE22 Virtual Race. A virtual race is a race that can be ran at any location. You can walk, use the treadmill, run outside or participate in another race. You can run your race at your pace wherever you like. All virtual race participants will receive a custom event finisher's medal and custom event shirt. All you have to do is register above! Please note - your virtual packet will be mailed out the week of October 22nd.
Virtual Registrations are restricted to US addresses only. If you reside outside of the US and wish to participate please contact StartLine Racing at email@example.com
What You Get!
Custom Event Finisher's Medal for ALL participants
Custom Event Cotton Blend Shirt for ALL participants
Age Group Awards for Top Three in all Age Groups for the 5K event only. Our age groups are the following:
- 8 & Under, 9 & 10, 11-13, 14-17, 18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75 & Older
Pre- and Post-Race "Runner's Brunch" (granola bars, fruit, water, Gatorade, etc)
Event managed by StartLine Racing. Club SLR discounts do not apply.
Race Day Information
Race Day packet pickup will be available beginning at 7:00am at Freestone Park
We accept cash, check, and credit cards on race day
Cost of registration on race day will be:
- 5K - $45
We welcome wheelchairs, strollers, wagons and leashed pets!
No roller blades, skateboards or motorized devices are allowed on the run or walk courses.
Please note - this is an open use park and does not close for our event.
This event will take place rain or shine. There are no refunds due to weather
Packet Pick-up Opportunities
Friday, October 21, 2022 from 3:00 - 6:00pm at Shockopolis HQ (map)
- Shockopolis HQ is located at 590 N Alma School Road #19, Chandler, AZ 85224
Saturday October 22, 2022 at Freestone Park (race location) beginning at 7:00am.
- October 21 3:00 PM - Packet Pickup at Shockopolis HQ from 3-6pm
- October 22 7:00 AM - Race Day Registration and Packet Pickup Opens
- October 22 7:45 AM - Opening Ceremony
- October 22 8:00 AM - 5K Begins
- October 22 9:00 AM - Awards Ceremony (approx)