The Chippewa Valley River Run is returning for its 3rd year, benefiting the Eau Claire Children's Theatre. Chip timing is being provided by Anderson Race Management.
The races start at Student Transit and follow the beautiful Chippewa River State Trail in Eau Claire along the Chippewa River.
This event is made possible by our sponsors:
—Lake Wissota Chiropractic
—Improve Health + Wellness Coaching
Event details and schedule
Check-in / Packet Pick-up / Registration: We are not holding a packet pick-up prior to race day. Participants should check-in or register at the race site on race day. Staff will be available starting at 6:30 a.m.
Arrival Time: Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your race start time.
- Half Marathon Run/Walk: 8 a.m.
- 5K Run/Walk: 8:15 a.m.
- Kids’ Fun Run - 1 Mile: 10 a.m.
Parking: Free parking is available in the Student Transit parking lot located at 3339 Fehr Rd, Eau Claire, WI 54701. The start/finish line will also be located in this parking lot.
Chip Timing: Provided by Anderson Race Management. Results will be available online after the race.
Course Closure: The course will close at noon on race day.
Course Directions: All three races begin in the parking lot of Student Transit. Each course will be clearly marked.
- Half Marathon: Participants will take Fehr Rd heading east toward Short St. Participants will then enter the Chippewa River State Trail and head southwest. The course is an out and back.
- 5K: Participants will take Fehr Rd heading east toward Short St. Participants will then follow the trail parallel to Short St, turning around just before the Chippewa River bridge. After the turnaround, participants will run south to the entrance of the Chippewa River State Trail and continue southwest. From here, participants will follow the Chippewa River State Trail to Fehr Rd and return to the Student Transit parking lot.
- Kids’ 1-Mile Fun Run: Participants will take Fehr Rd heading east toward Short St. Participants will then enter the Chippewa River State Trail and head southwest. At the intersection of the Chippewa River State Trail and Fehr Rd, participants will head east on Fehr Rd and follow it back to the Student Transit parking lot. This course is a loop. Parents may accompany their child(ren) during the race.
Finisher’s Medal: Each participant of the 5K and Half Marathon will receive a finisher’s medal.
Headphones: Participants are allowed to wear headphones during the race; however, those who choose to wear headphones are expected to be aware of the changing road/race conditions as well as fellow runners.
Medical: Medical personnel will be available at the race site.
Pets: Not allowed on the course.
Portable Toilets: Available at the race site and along the course.
Safety: Any participant who is felt to be posing a safety concern to other runners or themselves may be removed from the race at the discretion of the Race Directors.
Strollers: Allowed on the course; however, those who choose to run/walk with a stroller will be asked to start at the very back of all participants for their race category and are expected to be aware of fellow runners at all times.
Transfers: The cost to transfer your race entry to another participant is $10. You may also switch race categories on race day for an additional cost.
Water Stations: Available throughout the course.