The Chippewa Valley River Run is returning for its second year, benefiting the Eau Claire Children's Theatre. NEW! Chip timing is being provided by Anderson Race Management.
The races start at Student Transit and follow the beautiful Chippewa River State Trail in Eau Claire along the Chippewa River.
This event is made possible by our sponsors:
- Student Transit
- Best Western Plus Eau Claire Conference Center
- Improve Health + Wellness Coaching
Event details and schedule
Arrival Time: Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your race start time.
Chip Timing—NEW! Chip timing will be provided by Anderson Race Management. Results will be posted throughout the event and available after the race.
Course Closure: The course will close 4 hours after the start of the Half Marathon.
Course Directions: All three races begin in the parking lot of Student Transit. Each course will be clearly marked.
- Half Marathon: Participants will take Fehr Rd heading east toward Short St. Participants will then enter the Chippewa River State Trail and head southwest. The course is an out and back.
- 5K: Participants will take Fehr Rd heading east toward Short St. Participants will then follow the trail parallel to Short St, turning around just before the Chippewa River bridge. After the turnaround, participants will run south to the entrance of the Chippewa River State Trail and continue southwest. From here, the race is an out and back.
- Kids’ 1-Mile Fun Run: Participants will take Fehr Rd heading east toward Short St. Participants will then enter the Chippewa River State Trail and head southwest. At the intersection of the Chippewa River State Trail and Fehr Rd, participants will head east on Fehr Rd and follow it back to the Student Transit parking lot. This course is a loop. Parents may accompany their child(ren) during the race.
Finisher’s Medal: Each participant will receive a finisher’s medal, including the kids’ fun run.
Headphones: Participants are allowed to wear headphones during the race; however, those who choose to wear headphones are expected to be aware of the changing road/race conditions as well as fellow runners.
Host Hotel: Best Western Plus Eau Claire Conference Center
Medical: Medical personnel will be available at the race site.
Packet Pick-up: To better maintain physical distancing, we encourage participants to pick up their packets on Saturday, September 11 at Best Western Plus Eau Claire Conference Center. Time TBA. Packets will also be available on the morning of the race at the race site.
Parking: Free parking is available in the Student Transit parking lot located at 3339 Fehr Rd, Eau Claire, WI 54701. The start/finish line will also be located in this parking lot.
Pets: Not allowed on the course.
Portable Toilets: Available at the race site and along the course.
- Half Marathon Run/Walk: 8 a.m.
- 5K Run/Walk at 8:15 a.m.
- Kids’ Fun Run - 1 Mile at 10 a.m.
Safety: Any participant who is felt to be posing a safety concern to other runners or themselves may be removed from the race at the discretion of the Race Directors.
Strollers: Allowed on the course; however, those who choose to run/walk with a stroller will be asked to start at the very back of all participants for their race category and are expected to be aware of fellow runners at all times.
Water Stations: Available throughout the course.