Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Denver Parks and Recreation (MTB)15555 E 53rd Ave Denver, CO 80239
We're sorry, but this activity is over. The last meeting was Friday, October 16, 2020.
The City and County of Denver is working with the Denver Afterschool Alliance and its partners to open Learning Centers at four recreation centers to support students with their online learning as the school year begins remotely.
The goal of this program is to help young people with their online schoolwork in a supportive environment while parents are at work. During break times, each site will provide in-person enrichment programming.
- All programs will begin on Wednesday, August 26, 2020 from 8:00 am - 4:00 pm. and will remain open throughout October 16, 2020.
- Space is extremely limited and is on a first-come first served basis.
- We are prioritizing youth ages 6-12 from the immediate vicinity/zip code of the site location.
- Programs are FREE and include breakfast, lunch, and snack.
- Youth must attend daily and for the full duration of the program. This is NOT a drop-in or partial day program. If a young person is not attending regularly, s/he will forfeit their spot in the program, and it will instead be allocated to another youth. A waitlist will be maintained.
- Children and staff - MUST wear a mask daily, complete daily health screenings, and adhere to other safety guidelines related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Youth should also bring a fully charged Chromebook, laptop, or similar machine daily in order to complete their schoolwork. Headphones and charging cords are also needed.
- Once checked-in, students are expected to stay until the end of the day. If students need to be checked out early, a parent or guardian must make arrangements with the host organization.
- Parents/visitors are NOT allowed to enter the site in order to minimize the number of adults in the building and keep the students and staff safe.
Completion of this form does not guarantee a spot in this program. This program will be run by the YMCA. Staff from the YMCA will contact you directly to complete your registration.
Montbello Recreation Center