This activity has been cancelled.
Registration Fee: $45
When One person registers....
for 2 activities taught by Minuteman CPR - SAVE $10
for 3 activities taught by Minuteman CPR and SAVE $20!
- CPR / AED Training
- First Aid Training
- Child and Babysitting Safety
(must be in the same transaction)
Come join Minuteman CPR LLC for a 3-hour class basic First Aid . This class will provide you with the necessary knowledge to provide basic care in emergency situations until trained emergency personnel arrive.
Minuteman CPR instructors are either Firefighters or EMTs & a certified American Safety & Health Institute (ASHI) instructor.
At the end of class you will demonstrate the skill you have learned. Upon successful demonstration, you can earn a 2-year certification from the American Safety & Health Institute.
You may want to bring something to take notes on. You can also bring a drink and light snack, if you choose.
Class Topics will Cover:
- What is a First Aid Provider
- What are some Legal Considerations of providing first aid
- Recognizing an Emergency
- Deciding to Help
- Your Personal Safety
- Disease Transmission and Universal Precautions
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Primary Assessment - Unresponsive - you find someone lying unresponsive, now what?
- Unresponsive and Breathing - How to position someone in the Recovery Position
- Primary Assessment - Responsive - you find someone injured but is able to respond - now what?
- Secondary Assessment
- How to Control of Bleeding
- Internal Bleeding - how to determine
- How to recognize and Manage Shock
- Dealing with an Impaled Object
- Dealing with an Open Chest Injury
- Dealing with an Open Abdominal Injury
- Head, Neck, or Back Injury - what to do and not to do.
- Heat Emergencies - what to do and not to do.
- Cold Emergencies - what to do and not to do.
- Emergency Moves - when and how
- Emotional Considerations - dealing with the after effects of an emergency.
- Swollen, Painful, Deformed Limb;
- Impaled Object in the Eye - what to do and not to do.
- Chemicals in the Eye - what to do and not to do.
- Nosebleed - how to treat - when to seek further treatment
- Injured Tooth;
- Burns - what to do and not to do.
- Sudden Illness
- Altered Mental Status
- Stroke - recognizing the symptoms
- Diabetic Emergencies - recognizing the symptoms
- Breathing Difficulty, Shortness of Breath
- Severe Allergic Reaction
- Pain, Severe Pressure, or Discomfort In Chest
- Severe Abdominal Pain
- Bites and Stings
If you sign up for CPR/ADE training AND First Aid Training - there is an hour break for lunch in between classes - feel free to bring a bag lunch or you can go out for lunch.
This activity has been planned while COVID19 health and safety guidelines / restrictions are still in place. If these guidelines / restrictions are changed or lifted prior to the start of the activity the below will be modified.
-Each participant / family member accompany must complete a self health assessment prior to attending class
-Any participant that is not feeling well, has a fever, tested positive for or waiting for a COVID test, or have been around someone in the last 14 days that has test positive for or waiting for a COVID test result shall not attend.
-Participants will be asked to wash their hands or use provided hand sanitizer upon arrival.
-When entering the building masks will be required for those ages 5+
-6' of physical distance will be encourage at all times,
-there will be no sharing of supplies.
Class is held inside the Activity Room at Lenn Park Pavilion.
Lenn Park Pavilion, 19206 Edwin Way, Culpeper
Minuteman CPR LLC