We're sorry, but this activity is over. The last meeting was Wednesday, June 23, 2021.
The early bird beats the summer heat. We've made our hikes earlier this summer to stay a little cooler. Explore a different trail on Wednesdays this month with a community of locals, and hike your way to a healthier you! These hikes are perfect for first-timers and seasoned hikers alike. Pre-registration required.
Per the revised Proclamation approved by the Mecklenburg County Board of County Commissioners on June 1, 2021, Park and Recreation will follow the guidelines set forth regarding the wearing of face coverings in and around Park and Recreation facilities:
1. Any individual who desires to do so may wear a face covering in all indoor and outdoor Park and Recreation facilities.
2. Non-fully vaccinated individuals, adults and children, should wear a face covering inside County facilities and outdoors if in large gatherings and/or unable to socially distance.
3. Fully vaccinated individuals are not required to wear a face covering indoors or outdoors regardless of if social distancing is possible, except for the following situation:
- Indoor settings that primarily serve children including camps and other programs for participants under 18. All participants involved in or near such programs must wear a face covering.
- This includes programs conducted by agencies other than Park and Recreation but within Park and Recreation facilities
This hike qualifies for our 100 mile hike club. Come prepared to hike approximately 2.5 miles on uneven terrain. Please wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes and dress appropriately for the weather. Please bring your own water bottle.
5- Adult (Ages 18+)
McDowell - Nature Center Parking Lot at McDowell Nature Center