The Leif Eriksson Day Row and Run is a 1 mile boat race and 5k foot race to support the Rayder Den in Charlevoix, MI. The Rayder Den serves Charlevoix Middle and High School students and families experiencing food insecurities by providing a food and personal care pantry.
Participants can choose to participate in either the row and run, or just the run. The row starts at Depot Beach, and ends at Ferry Beach. The run is a 5k along Lake Charlevoix.
Rowers will need to provide their own kayak/canoe and are required to wear a USCG approved lifejacket.
Registration is $30 until 7/31/2022, $35 from 8/1 to 9/16, $40 from 9/17 to 9/28 and $45 up to the day of the event.
Event details and schedule
- Event Date is October 1st, 2022
- Row starts at 9am at Depot Beach
- Run starts at 9am at Ferry Beach
- Be at FERRY Beach at between 8AM-8:30AM if you are RUNNING ONLY to receive your race packet.
- Be at DEPOT Beach at between 8AM-8:30AM if you are doing the ROW portion to receive your race packet.
- Please bring waiver (if you have not mailed it)
- Row event launches at Depot Beach. Rowers, please have someone pick you up at Ferry Beach so as to not leave boats at Ferry Beach Park for too long.
- Park at Ferry Beach for running event.
- No shuttle will be available.