ONLINE REGISTRATION IS CLOSED.... HOWEVER YOU STILL CAN REGISTER FRIDAY (2/12) AT BIG PEACH RUNNING CO. IN KENNESAW FROM 4-7PM. YOU WILL BE ABLE TO GET YOUR SHIRT, BIB AND FINISHER MEDAL AT THAT TIME.
Come have some Valentine Fun with us! The With or Without You 5K allows you to run as a "single" (And mingle if you'd like!) or as a "couple" and run with that special someone - husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend, son/daughter, etc.! We even have an ordained minister on hand for those that want to renew their vows in the "chapel of love"! (Sorry just renewals only!) There is even a 1K for your little love bugs to join in on the fun!
Not ready to run live yet? No worries! Choose the virtual option and join the fun from anywhere in the country! (Swag for the virtual run will be mailed to you 7-10 days after the race)
Event details and schedule
1K starts at 8am
5K starts at 830am
PACKET PICKUP (2 OPTIONS)
1. Friday, 2/12 from 4-7pm at Big Peach Running Co. in Kennesaw. Our friends at Big Peach will have special sales for our runners, and you will be able to pick up your shirt, bib and finisher medal there. You CAN pick up for other people as well. Plan on stopping by, stocking up, and save time race morning!
2. Saturday, 2/13 beginning at 7am at the start of the race.
ALL participants get a box of chocolates, shirt, and a COOL heart shaped medal!
Awards in the live race will be given to the overall and masters overall male/female, and top 3 male and female in 5 year age groups 14 and under to 70 +. Top 3 couples THAT FINISH TOGETHER will win awards (couples are still eligible for individual awards). Due to covid restrictions and the need to stagger the start, awards will be given based on chip time.
Plenty of FREE parking at the park!
RULES OF THE RUN (***PLEASE NOTE*** THESE WILL BE MODIFIED AS WE GET CLOSER BASED ON CURRENT COVID CONDITIONS AND ANY STATE/FEDERAL MANDATES) * While there is plenty of free parking at the race, we ask that you please do not arrive more than 30-45 min prior to your wave start, and stay in your cars while waiting. * You must check in at the medical tent to have a temperature check. If you have a fever, you will not be able to participate. * All our staff will wear masks to further enhance safety measures * We will further limit the number of people at the start line by sending participants out in smaller groups every 30-60 seconds. YOU WILL BE CHIP TIMED so it won't affect your race time. * Once you are done, please do not hang around the finish line. We need to keep the area clear in accordance with social distancing guidelines. * Results will be posted on active.com before we leave the venue and they will be emailed to you same day. * Masks will not be required while running on the course but having a mask or buff handy is highly recommended when passing a runner or being passed. Masks will be required while you are waiting to start, when you are picking up your shirt/bib, and when you are getting temperature screened. * Please be sure to wash and sanitize your hands frequently. Sanitizer will be available in various areas around the venue. * We strongly encourage you to plan for your own hydration needs. Bottled water will be available at the finish. * ALL participants must sign the online waiver prior to race weekend. Without a signed waiver we will not issue a race number, and you will not be able to participate. * If you have a fever, cough, sore throat, or any other symptom of COVID-19 or other illness, please stay home. Contact event director if you have any questions.
SUBMITTING YOUR TIME FOR THE VIRTUAL RUN
You will be able to submit your 5K time anytime between 2/7 and 2/13. Please follow all of the steps below in order to be included in the results;
- Run or walk a 5K anywhere - even on a treadmill. If you are running/walking outside, please make sure you are following all social distancing rules and follow ALL local, state, and federal mandates!
- Take a picture of your time/distance. It can be through Strava, Garmin, Mapmyrun, or even a picture of your watch or treadmill display. As long as we can see your distance / time, you are good!
- Email your proof to email@example.com within the time window posted above. Times submitted outside of this window will not count. Please include your full name in the email. ***VERY IMPORTANT*** In the subject line of your email, please put "WOWU 5K Results Submission" This will help us know which event you are participating in.
VIRTUAL RUNNER SWAG WILL BE MAILED 7-10 DAYS AFTER THE RACE
AWARDS IN THE VIRTUAL RACE WILL GO TO THE OVERALL MALE AND FEMALE, AS WELL AS FIRST PLACE IN 10-YEAR AGE GROUPS.