2020 ROAR (Race On, Animal Rescue!) 5K 10KAugust 16, 2020 Montour Trail - Hendersonville Trailhead Georgetown Rd. at Morganza Rd Canonsburg, PA 15317 View Map Organized by ROAR 5K 10K - Angel Ridge Animal Rescue
Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Montour Trail - Hendersonville TrailheadGeorgetown Rd. at Morganza Rd Canonsburg, PA 15317
Easy flat route, yummy morning cinnamon bread ... and you'll help the animals at Angel Ridge Animal Rescue! Come out and enjoy.
ATTENTION LATE REGISTRANTS - Welcome to ROAR! Due to the pandemic, we MUST have everyone pick up their timing bib BEFORE RACE DAY. See below for times/location.
IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO PICK UP YOUR RACE TIMING BIB EARLY, PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER THIS YEAR. We really wish we could have our usual race day check-ins, but we can not allow there to be any lines or congregating. This is to keep everyone at safe social distances from each oter.
Please note also that the deadline for your registration to include a race t-shirt has passed, but you can still come enjoy the event & everything else we have to offer. #LOVEROARRUNNERS!
Event details and schedule
Race Parking and Headquarters:
The Montour Trail, Hendersonville trailhead. Take I-79 to the Southpointe/Hendersonville exit (exit 48). At the bottom of the exit ramp, turn east towards Hendersonville and go 0.5 miles to a stop light. Turn left at the stop light onto Morganza road, and then go 0.5 miles downhill to the intersection with Georgetown Rd. The parking area is directly behind the Tandem Connection building (with the flag pole in front).
*If the Tandem Connection lot is full, you can also park by our race registration area a short block away. We will be headquartered at the Bucky McPherson pavilion at Hendersonville Park. Drop pin - Oriole Drive at Henderson. GPS: 40.2990737, -80.1508858
CONTACT: RTAR412@GMAIL.COM for questions or for problems with this form.
The locations of the 5K and 10K are marked in blue and green but we will be using digital tracking devices to place the actual courses for race day. The map is a decent approximation, though.
August 8th-15th: Please pick up your registration packet at Creation Labs in the Galleria of Mt. Lebanon. See creationlabs.us for store hours. Due to Green Phase restrictions, we cannot allow race day walkup registration or race day packet pickup.
COMPLETE SCHEDULE OF PACKET PICKUP TIMES:
8/8/2020 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
8/9/2020 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
8/10/2020 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM
8/11/2020 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM
8/12/2020 3:00 PM - 8:00 PM
8/13/2020 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM
8/14/2020 3:00 PM - 8:00 PM
8/15/2020 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM, 2:00 PM - 8:00 PM
ADDRESS: Creation Labs in the Galleria of Mt. Lebanon. 1500 Washington Rd., Suite 2401, Mt. Lebanon, PA 15228. Store is NEW so it's not on the mall directory -- it is located between Yoga Six and the movie theater.
WATER: After packet pickups - work on your plan for bringing lots of WATER to ROAR.
Water stations will be NOT available due to Green Phase restrictions. We URGE all participants to bring:
• A full personal water vessel to hydrate yourself before or during your run
• If you bring your dog(s), bring water dishes for them as well as a supply of chilled water for them
• An icy cooler in your vehicle with extra water bottles for yourself & dog(s)
• Here are inexpensive cooler options from Amazon.com - or you can make a simple one out of some double-bagged ice (in some leftover plastic shopping bags).
• Our Race Headquarters pavilion has no running water - so you are URGED to bring your own and your dog(s)' water supply. We thank you in advance for your cooperation and support for Angel Ridge Animal Rescue during these unprecedented times!
9:00am - 10K Race Start
9:15am - 5K Race Start* may be slightly delayed due to the need to start all runners in groups of 25 for Green Phase compliance
SOME NOTES ABOUT THE PHASED STARTS
• We have to start you in groups of 25 this year; you will receive your group assignment when you pick up your timing bib. Your Group Assignment will be whatever letter sticker is on your bib (A, B, C …). The groups will start in alphabetical order with the 10K racers going first (9am 10K, 9:15 5K).
• LISTEN FOR YOUR GROUP TO BE CALLED. All groups (other than Group A) will be Staged 30 feet or so behind the starting pad, which is off-trail next to the Pavillion. When the group in front of yours clears the starting pad, your group will be alerted to go to the Starting Pad.
10:30-11:00am- Race results will be available at runhigh.com; please check it and avoid congregating near any posted results papers at our event.
In that timeframe, we will also draw the Fleet Feet raffle winner (you will be offerred the option to include a raffle ticket in your registration purchase; tickets are $2 and the prize is a $50 swag bag including a gift card for Fleet Feet Sports). There will be 3 winners!
After the ROAR event - Please proceed to your vehicle & review your results at runhigh.com. Pick up any awards or prizes that you won. You can pick them up at Creation Labs in the Galleria of Mt. Lebanon (see creationlabs.us for store hours).
Course info -
10K - Race start at Hendersonville access point (mile 27.1), proceed w/nw to mile 24 and back to Hendersonville.
5K - Race start at Hendersonville access point (mile 27.1), proceed w/nw to mile 25.6 and back to Hendersonville.
OVERALL INFO ABOUT THE ROAR 5K 10K and COVID-19
• Be prepared. The ROAR 5K 10K is following all PA Green/CDC guidelines for community events at this time. If you wish to do more, you are welcome as long as you do not obstruct your fellow runners. Masks will not be provided; please bring your own and use your judgement about wearing it.
• Be logistical. Provide your fellow runners social distance where you can & continue to use your good sense for health/safety. Know that your timing clock will NOT start until you pass the start line. So take your space (but hurry up:)
• Be kind. You will all be participating as one big team this year -- a team working to prevent the spread & empower each other. If someone chooses to wear a mask, respect that. If someone has a medical need to remove their mask, know that they will not come up on you. We are all coming from diverse, valuable perspectives in this pandemic. View each other with empathy, even if you use different means of staying healthy during this time.
Refunds We are unable to issue any refunds for this event but Active.com may provide an event insurance product at a reasonable cost. If you suspect that you might need a refund for this event, please inquire with Active.com to purchase event fee coverage. It is often offered during the registration checkout process -- keep an eye out!
***IMPORTANT NOTES FOR THOSE WHO WILL BE PARTICIPATING WITH THEIR DOGS*** We are thrilled to welcome all the canine kids but here are the requirements:
1. Check your dog's health and mood before he/she joins us. If your dog is not feeling 100% or seems irritable, keep him/her home for the day. You will be showing them just as much love by keeping them resting in non-ideal circumstances.
2. Enjoy togetherness on the course by keeping your dog on his/her favorite leash. Do not, however, use a long (6 ft or more) leash. Also- help your dog by staying in control. Community races are busy places with a lot of stimuli for dogs. Keep them calm so they can have a good time with you on a special day out!
3. Bring along some means to keep your doggie hydrated and fueled. There will not be water stations along the trail and you will need your own portable dish or squirt bottle for your pup.
4. If you do bring snacks for your pup, be considerate. Fuel your dog's energy without accidentally sparking other dogs' interests with the yummy food.
To all ROAR participants- thanks again for joining us!
Updates will continue as we get closer to race day. Thanks again for running ROAR and helping Angel Ridge Animal Rescue!