Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Buckeye Municipal Airport3000 S Palo Verde Road Buckeye, AZ 85326
This event will be run on a USATF Certified Course and serves as a Boston/National Qualifier.
Join us for the 7th Annual Buckeye Marathon, Half, 10K, 5K, and 1 Mile Fun Run.
Known for its downhill and fast course
(marathoners will drop over 530 feet in elevation from the start to finish),
the marathon route starts in the community of Sun City Festival before
making its way around the beautiful White Tank Mountains and ending at the
runway of the Buckeye Municipal Airport.
Half Marathon, 10K, 5K and 1M runners will start and finish at the airport, with views of the
White Tank Mountains on the outgoing section of the out-and-back courses.
NEW for 2021 - A 1 Mile Fun Run has been added and will replace the Obstacle Course!
Proceeds will benefit the City of Buckeye Youth Scholarship Fund, giving kids the opportunity to participate in recreational activities throughout the city.
Event details and schedule
Sponsor and Vendor Opportunities
The 7th Annual City of Buckeye Marathon will be here before you know it!! If you have not already committed to something else, we would love to provide you the opportunity to be a sponsor or vendor at the event.
Interested? Please email Jessica Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org
For our current vendor application please visit us here.
Mail-in Registration Form
To register by mail please complete and return our Mail-in Registration Form! Please make checks payable to StartLine Racing.
What You Get!
Custom Event Medal for all participants
Custom Event Dri-Fit Tech T-Shirt for all participants
Age Group Awards for Top Three in all Age Groups for the Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K and 5K distances only. Our age groups are the following:
8 & Under, 9 & 10, 11-13, 14-17, 18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75 & over
Pre- and Post-Race "Runner's Brunch" (granola bars, fruit, water, Gatorade, etc)
Event managed by StartLine Racing. Club SLR discounts do not apply.
Entry Into Post Race Festival.
Race Day Information
Race Day Registration will be available beginning at 7:00am.
- We accept cash, check, and credit cards on race day
- Race day pricing will be: Marathon $110, Half Marathon $80, 10K $65, 5K $50, 1M $30
Marathon Parking and Shuttles
- We ask that all marathon participants park at the starting line location (Sun City Festival Baseball Field - map).
Shuttles will be available from the finish line area to return you to your vehicle.
- Shuttles will run every 30 minutes starting at Noon with the final shuttle leaving the finish area at 3:00pm.
On Race Day there will be alternate directions to the Buckeye Municipal Airport due to road closures for the race route. Please use the following direction to the event area at the airport:As these races will start and end at the Airport, no bag check will be available.
- From I-10, take AZ 85 Exit 112 to Yuma/Gila Bend (heading south)
- Turn Right onto W. Southern Avenue from AZ 85 (heading west)
- Turn Right onto S. Palo Verde Road from W. Southern Avenue (heading north)
- Turn Left into the Buckeye Municipal Airport - 3000 S. Palo Verde Road.
Strollers are welcome
No pets allowed on this course
Pacers will be provided for the marathon and half marathon courses courtesy of Marathon Maniacs. Pace times are as follows:
Marathon: 3:40, 3:55, 4:10, 4:25, 4:40, 5:00 and 5:30 Half Marathon: 1:40, 1:50, 2:00, 2:15, 2:30, 2:45, and 3:00.
- The marathon course will be a closure time of 6 hours and the half marathon course will have a closure time of 5 hours.
- This event will take place rain or shine. There are no refunds for due to weather.
Information for 2021 coming soon!
Packet Pick-up Opportunities
Packet Pick-up is available on Friday, January 1st from 2-6pm at the Holiday Inn Express Phoenix West - Buckeye (map)
The Holiday Inn is located at 445 S Watson Road, Buckeye, Arizona 85326
- Race Day Packet Pick-Up will be available beginning at 7:00am at both Start Line areas.
Become a Buckeye Marathon Volunteer
The City of Buckeye is seeking volunteers to help with the 7th Annual Buckeye Marathon. Volunteers are needed in a variety of areas, which include manning water stations and distributing medals.
This is a great way to get involved with the community and cheer on runners from all over. Other benefits of volunteering include meeting new people, receiving volunteer credit hours, and being compensated with a commemorative shirt and lunch.
Volunteer opportunities are open for groups or individuals. All ages welcome. Shifts start between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
For more information, contact Adam Melle at (623) 349-6350 or email@example.com.
Additional Course Information
- Water and Gatorade will be located approximately every two miles of the marathon course through Mile 20 and at every mile there after; for the half marathon and 5K courses, water stations will be available at every mile.
- GU Energy Gels will be available during the marathon at miles 8, 16, and 22. For the half marathon gels will be available at mile 8.5.
- Restrooms will be located approximately every two miles along the course.
- This event will be run on a USATF Certified Course and serves as a Boston/National Qualifier.
- All events will be chip timed. The marathon course will be a closure time of 6 hours, requiring a minimum pace time of 13:45/mile.
- January 1 2:00 PM - Packet Pick-up at Holiday Inn Express from 2-6pm
- January 2 7:00 AM - Race Day Packet Pick-up and Registration Opens
- January 2 8:00 AM - Marathon Begins (at Sun City Festival Baseball Fields)
- January 2 8:30 AM - 1 Mile Fun Run
- January 2 9:00 AM - Half Marathon Begins
- January 2 9:15 AM - 10K Begins
- January 2 9:30 AM - 5K Begins
- January 2 10:45 AM - Award Ceremony Begins (approx)