There is no other like a mother! NYC moms are incredible people. Let's celebrate them by running 5K, 10K, or 13.1 Miles in one of the most beautiful urban parks in the world. Your senses will be blown away as Spring will be in full bloom.
The course requires athletes to run a marked course on Prospect Park's main loop, four loops for the half, two loops for the 10K, and one loop for the 5K. Support stations with bottled water and gel packs will be available for you to "grab and go". These will not be handed to you in order to minimize contact. The race start will be organized into waves and there will not be an awards ceremony in order to minimize the number of persons congregating in any one area. Wave start times will be announced in the coming weeks. Join us for what has become a really beautiful way to show what motherhood means to you. VIDEO
Event details and schedule
- Prospect Park, Brooklyn, NY
- Greek Shelter (Peristyle) Southside of Prospect Park
- LOCATION - The Peristyle/Greek Shelter
- TIME - 8:00 - 8:45 AM
- Wear a mask and follow social distancing standards.
- Bring picture I.D.
- You will receive a bib with a timing chip attached to it.
- Baggage Check-in - 8 to 8:50 AM
- Your bib will have a tear-off tag that you will pin to your personal bag.
- You need to show the matching bib to retrieve your bag from the secure area.
The START and FINISH are located at different points.
The START is located approximately .2 miles (5-minute walk) from the FINISH.
The FINISH is located across from the Greek Shelter/Peristyle where you check-in.
The course is on a paved 3.39-mile loop that is car-free and goes near the perimeter of the entire park. Runners will have a specific runner's lane that is marked. There are bikes in a separate lane that runners must avoid. There are also pedestrians of all ages that may enter the runner's lane. All athletes must give them the right of way.
- HALF MARATHON - 4 LOOPS
- 10K - 2 LOOPS
- 5K - 1 LOOP
Even though each athlete's start time does not begin until they cross the start line, we suggest that the fastest runners (sub 7-minute mile) try to start at the front. This will be organized at the time of the race start.
FINISH Time and SPLITS are posted real-time online for anyone to see. Check the results page on our web site for more information.
You can also have your race tracked throughout the event so that your fans can follow you and send you cheers. You will need to download the RACE JOY APP and use your phone during the race. Additionally, if you wear headphones, you will get auditory course guidance, mile marker announcements, pace times, and hear the cheers of your fans. To use RACE JOY go HERE .
- Touchless, Grab and Go, tables will be placed at 3 locations on the course.
- The tables will have bottled and capped water and Gatorade bottles that runners will have to pick up on their own. The tables will also have small power gel packets that runners will have to pick up on their own.
- Runners should take whatever they need and immediately move past the table so that there is space for other runners.
- Runners are asked to maintain social distancing standards while getting water and/or gels.
- Technical T-shirt: male & female cut
- Die-Cast Medal with full-color ribbon
- Awards/Plaques for Top 3 overall Male and Female
- Awards/Plaques for Top 3 Age Groups Male and Female 14- 19, 20-24 until 75-79