We're sorry, but this activity is over. The last meeting was Wednesday, December 16, 2020.
In Level 1 (Salamanders), your child is introduced to basic skills as the foundation for future skills and the development of water competency (the basic minimum skills needed for water safety). Certain milestones are necessary for successful completion of Level 1, including:
- Entering the water independently using the ramp, steps or side.
- Traveling at least 5 yards, bobbing 5 times and then safely exiting the water.
- Opening eyes underwater and retrieving submerged object.
- Gliding on front with assistance at least 2 body lengths.
- Rolling to a back float for 5 seconds with assistance.
- Recovering to a vertical position with assistance.
- Combined arm and leg actions on front and back with assistance.
- Alternating and simultaneous arm and leg actions on front and back with assistance.