American Red Cross - Lifeguard TrainingNorth Boulder Recreation Center 3170 North Broadway BOULDER, CO 80304 Organized by BOULDER PARKS & RECREATION (w)
About this event
This activity is closed to further registration.
Receive classroom learning and hands-on practice as you train to become a lifeguard. Course elements include water and land rescue skills, first aid for injuries and sudden illnesses, spinal injury management, swimmer and facility surveillance and CPR/AED and emergency care. This course includes a certification in American Red Cross Lifeguarding, which is valid for 2 years. Participants must attend all listed class dates in order to receive certification.
A number of prerequisites must be completed/met before attending the course:
- Complete approximately 8 hours of online learning content prior to the in-person class dates. A link will be provided at a later date.
- Must be 15 years old on or before the final scheduled session of the course
- Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke, or a combination of both, but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles may be used.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs. Candidates should place their hands under the armpits or above the head.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute and 40 seconds:
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. The face may be in or out of the water. Swim goggles are not allowed.
- Surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
- Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping the face at or near the surface so they are able to get a breath. Candidates should not swim the distance under water. Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
NBRC: Lap Lane 7 at North Boulder Recreation Center
NBRC: Lap Lane 8 at North Boulder Recreation Center
March 28 - 30, 2023
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Age and Gender
North Boulder Recreation Center3170 North Broadway BOULDER, CO 80304