REGISTRATION IS ONLY OPEN TO RETURNING FAMILIES AND SIBLINGS BEFORE MARCH 27th. If you do not have an existing account with our team (as a summer team or fall team member in 2019 or 2020) and you attempt to register your child early, your registration will be cancelled and you will be moved to the bottom of the wait list. Please do not attempt to register as a new family before March 27th - this will not improve your chances of getting on the team.
Please visit our website (www.coolsharks.org) for more information about our team.
- Swimmers must be 5 years old by 5/31/2021.
- All new swimmers (8 & under) must attend a swim evaluation and be able to swim 25 yards across the pool without assistance. Please visit our website (www.coolsharks.org) for evaluation dates and times. All evaluations are by apointment only this year. Swimmers who do not pass by the last evaluation date (4/17) will have their registration cancelled and receive a full refund.
- Swimmers do not need to be a member of the Garden Hills pool in order to participate.
- 3/22 - 4/15 (or until groups are full) for returning families.
- 3/27 - 4/15 (or until groups are full) for new families.
- 5/1 - 6/24
Fee Structure for the 2021 Summer Season:
- $200 per swimmer ages 5-12; $125 per swimmer ages 13-18
- $33 per swimmer ASA (Atlanta Swimming Association) registration fee - this fee increases to $48 after 4/15
*Registration fees include personalized silicone Garden Hills swim cap, team t-shirt, drawstring meet bag, and a team bag tag
Late registration may be offered on a space-available basis after 4/15. We expect ALL age groups to close before 4/15 this season.
$25 per swimmer late fee (in addition to regular fees above)
*Late Registration will include a non-personalized silicone Garden Hills swim cap only (t-shirts, meet bags, and bag tags will be available if we have extras but are not guaranteed)
If you would like to join the wait list, please register as usual for the group you would like. Your name will be added to the wait list in the order in which you register. Payment information will be collected, but your card will not be charged until you are placed an opening. If you register for the wait list and would later like your name removed (which you may do without penalty at any time before being placed in an opening), please email your request to email@example.com. Once your child has been placed in an opening and your card has been charged, you will be subject to the refund policy below.
- Full refunds will be given before 4/15 if we are able to fill your spot with another swimmer from the waitlist.
- Partial refunds of $150 ($75 for swimmers 13-18) will be given through the first week of practice (until 5/8).
- Partial refunds of $150 will be given to any swimmer who is placed in an open spot from the wait list but later declines that spot (through the first week of practice, or within 24 hours if placed in an opening after 5/8).
- Partial refunds of $50 will be given before the first meet (5/25).
- ASA registration fees will be refunded in full before the first meet (5/25).
- Children who do not pass the swim test by 4/17 will be given a full refund.
- No refunds will be given after 5/25.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR RETURNING FAMILIES:
It is extremely important that the same Active account be used every season when registering for Garden Hills swim programs. This is how you will know you are using the correct account: when registering, the very first question should be "Who are you registering?" and your child's actual name should be one of the options available (with all swimmer information auto-populated). If their name is not listed as an option, and you select the "your child" option and manually fill in their information, you have just created a new account. Only new swimmers who have never partcipated in a Garden Hills swim program should use this option. If your child's name is listed but followed by DONOTUSE, this means you are using an old duplicate account which is no longer attched to your swimmer. Please DO NOT use this account!! Log out and back in using the correct account (let us know if you need help with this!). USING A DUPLICATE ACCOUNT OR CREATING A NEW ACCOUNT CAN RESULT IN THE LOSS OF YOUR CHILD'S SWIM HISTORY INCLUDING ALL PREVIOUS TIMES, ISSUES WITH RECEIVING CREDIT FOR VOLUNTEER SHIFTS, AND OTHER ACCOUNT PROBLEMS. There is currently no way to merge duplicate swimmer accounts in the Active system. If you would like to change your account/primary email, just email us and we can do that for you.