Arlington Road Runners Club (ARRC) invites runners of all abilities to join us! ARRC offers a gradual 24-week training program to help you achieve your goals and get you ready for a fall race (even if its a solo virtual race).
This year, due to the COVID-19 global pandemic, we are adjusting our plan and will be hosting a virtual season until we are given the go-ahead to gather as a group. We will provide a detaled weekly training plan to ensure you are building your miles gradually and safely. This year we will open our route library up to our members to help take the stress of route planning off your shoulders even though you'll be running alone. In addition to the training plan we will provide ideas for speed, strength, and, stretching to help you meet your goals. Plus, we will actively engage with you on social media to help you feel supported. New runners have the option to be paired up with a mentor if desired.
Though the program is scheduled to end with the Marine Corps Marathon in October, our members train for races all around the country and overseas, so we can work with you to adjust your mileage for your target race - virtual or in person.
We look forward to running with you!
- A full 24-week training schedule including track/speed workouts
- (When safe) Saturday group runs from Rosslyn/Arlington VA including a consistant homebase manned with a volunteer to keep watch on your belingings.
- Water- and fuel-stop supported runs for long runs at & over 12-miles
- Social events (virtual until we can gather as a group)
- a members-only Facebook Group
- Experienced mentors, and a variety of pace groups to fit your speed
- Regular information about hydration, nutrition, running gear, avoiding injuries, and race preparation, among other topics of interest
- Weekly newsletters
- LOTS OF FUN!!!!!!
Event details and schedule
ARRC will provide information about weekly runs and the virtual training plan beginning May 16, 2020 and continuing through the end of October. We'll send all that information and more out seperately but if you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org