Our Thanksgiving Day Tradition is a #GoGobbleGo! If you think the only race that happens on Thanksgiving Day is seeing who gets a second helping of pumpkin pie first , guess again. Before lifting a fork, watching football, and taking a post-turkey snooze, hundreds Andersonian's start their holiday by giving thanks - with the famous Electric City Gobbler 5K!
This year due to turkey capacity restrictions, the field size is limited to 250. As state group restrictions are lifted, we will lift ours.We welcome the tail feathers of Elite runners, weekend warriors, mamma's with strollers and kids alike along our fast 3.1 mile run course! We are sad to say that our newest tradition, the 1 Mile FUN RUN will not take place this year unless we have a full lift of capacity restrictions and if we do, we will add this race to our registration categories. It will remain a FREE event! Proceeds go to scholarship kids in the community to be active through our Operation Active Kids Program, OAK. This year we have provided over $15,000 worth of scholarships to Anderson residents alone! Sooo, if you have a flair for costumed fun, and enjoy fun, prizes and looking for a reason to feel guilt free about gobbling down all day, then lucky for you (and your love of green bean casserole) we are here, so get signed up you turkeys!!
Event details and schedule
We were allowed to accept 250 runners for this race per CDC group guidlines and we have not reached this limit. In order to keep our numbers within the guidelines, there will not be any race day registration. Also, if you would like to transfer your bib to another runner, this must be done at packet pickup the day before the race. There will be no transfers on race day.
ELECTRIC CITY GOBBLER 5K
Date: Thanksgiving Day, November 26, 2020
5K at 8:30 AM
1 Mile Fun Run - Cancelled at this time (If group capacity restrictions lift, we will add the 1 Miles to our registration and this event will be at 8:00 AM)
Location : Anderson Mall Main Entrance, Clemson Blvd, Anderson, SC
Packet Pick Up: Wednesday, November 25 (Day before race) at Mall 12:00 PM until 6:00 PM - There will be NO race day registration OR packet pickup at this time, so all packets will need to be picked up during the packet pickup time on Wednesday. If restrictions lift prior to the event, we will allow for race day registration and packet pickup - we will notify of any changes via email and social media.
5K Course: Certified course on city streets surrounding the Anderson Mall - FAST and SAFE! (SC04033BS)
This year we will provide water via a self service line at the finish line.
Overall Awards: Top 3 Overall Winners in Male and Female Categories will receive a Turkey Trophy, a First Flight Headsweat Visor and Gift Card. – Awards will be mailed to participants.
Age Group Awards - Top 3 finishers in Male and Female Categories 10 and under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65 and over will receive a First Flight commemorative pin. - Awards will be mailed to participants.
Race Swag: All pre-registered runners, walkers and gobblers will receive an Electric City Gobbler Long Sleeve Comfort Tech Mesh Race Shirt and finisher medals. Late entries will receive a shirt while supplies last.
Registration: Registration Opens September 1 (250 Limit unless the state of South Carolina raises its group capacity limits)
$40.00 September 1
$45.00 November 1
Discounts: Cross Country, Track and other School or Corporate Groups, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for group discounts. - Group discounts will only be availlabe if capacity restrictions are lifted.
Timing: Timing is chipped by Strictly running and with a gun start. Depending on the field size and the necessary safety precautions at the time, we may assign a wave start and/or the race will be chipped time with a start/finish mat. -- We will update as we get closer to the event.
Directions : From 1-85, take Exit 19A to Anderson, Anderson Mall is five miles on your right.
Race Status Updates
- The Electric City Gobbler 5K is scheduled for Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, November 26th at 8:30 AM ET.
- The 5K race is limited in size to 250 runners. Race capacity is dictated by the State of South Carolina’s group capacity limits. If limits change before the event, we will adjust registration to match the guidelines set forth by state authorities.
- The One Mile Fun run is cancelled at this time due to race capacities as dictated by the State of South Carolina. – If capacity limits are lifted before the event, we will add the mile fun run back into our registration and promote to the community.
- Due to the continuing changes brought forth by Covid-19 there may be some alterations in the race logistics.
- We may implement different wave starts.
- All in attendance will be expected to wear masks indoors at packet pickup and spectators when in the outside running village.
- Runners will NOT be required to wear face masks while racing but after you have finished your race please maintain a distance of at least six feet from others until your breathing becomes normal.
- Runners will be advised to carry their own hydration but hydration will still be available to runners on the courses for emergency. Mask donned volunteers will available to hand off hydration if needed.
- Hydration will be available for self-service at the finish line after existing the finish chute.
- Post and prerace snacks will not be provided this year.
- As runners and spectators waiting in line and along the finish are expected to abide by CDC rules of six feet apart while wearing a face covering.
- We ask that you exercise patience if these measures are taken as these measures are to ensure your well-being and the well-being of others.
- If conditions with the novel coronavirus worsen by year's end, and, the race has to be canceled, we will roll over runners registered for the 2020 race to the 2021 race date.
- There will be no refunds for this race, but a transfer or deferment will be available with a positive COVID-19 test within 1 Month of the event (Oct 26 forward)
On matters of public health and safety, First Flight Alliance takes our guidance from officials entrusted with protecting the public in this area. We continue to work closely with local and state officials as we consider what November 26, 2020 looks like for the Electric City Gobbler 5K.
We will continue to monitor all developments regarding the coronavirus pandemic, and are actively exploring options surrounding the 2020 race under the guidance of public officials. As an organization, we continue to follow health and safety guidance and keep the safety of our participants, volunteers, supporters, and community members as our top priority.
Contact : Alison Youngblood Alison@yourfirstflight.org