Case Study #17
Interference from the president of the hockey association to a coach. The president interferes by interrupting chalk talks, talks with players, telling the coach what to do during the games and undermines the coach by criticizing him in front of the parents. This person is a powerful and successful businessman in the community as well as the state hockey association. Also he is not very knowledgeable about hockey.
- What is the problem?
- Why is he causing problems?
- How could the association help?
- What steps could the coach take?
- How can the coach protect himself?
- How can the association prevent this from happening in the future?
- How does the coach address this problem with the players?