The final night of the NBA Players Top 100 Camp ended with a solid matchup as the Pistons, led by a balanced attack that offset a big game by 6-4 Dezime Well, won the camp title game. We will also look at the Camp Award winners in Charlottesville, Va.
Camp Championship - Pistons 81, Hawks 73
Defense and unselfishness proved to be the catalyst as the Pistons behind 12 points from Nick Faust and Sam Thompson, defeated the Hawks to capture the championship at the 2010 NBPA Top 100 Camp. Joseph Uchebo was a man among boys, grabbing offensive boards like they were candy and keeping every early possession alive for the Pistons. DeAndre Daniels, who finished with 11 points, put on a mini scoring display in the second half to push the lead ahead for good. Jabari Parker finished with 10 for the Pistons. Dezmine Wells was a big amount of awesome in this contest scoring 25 points in every conceivable manner possible. Josiah Turner added 15 points in the close loss. Chane Behanan and Anthony Davis finished with 12 each for the Hawks.
NBA Players Camp Top 100 Award Winners
- Top 100 Camp Most Valuable Player: Chane Behanan
- Tournament Most Valuable Player: Dezmine Wells
- Most Outstanding Prospect: Anthony Davis
- Leadership Award: Myck Kobongo
- Surprise Player: Nick Faust
- Workout Warriors: Myck Kabongo, BJ Young, Marshall Plumlee, Amir Garrett, Levi Randolph