Expect a lot of iHoops at both NCAA Finals Fours this April.
As the college basketball world heads to Indianapolis for the men's Final Four or San Antonio for the women's Final Four, iHoops will be close behind, getting the word out about the NCAA and NBA's new youth basketball initiative.
Here's a sampling of places you can find iHoops during the Final Four weekends:
Indianapolis – Men’s Final Four
- During Final Four Friday - open practices (April 2) at Lucas Oil Stadium, iHoops commercials will be playing on the video boards, and a table will be set up on-site where iHoops representatives will pass out headbands, rubber wristbands and postcards to fans.
- The NCAA will conduct youth clinics on Saturday (April 3) from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at local area schools. Neil Dougherty, iHoops' Director of Athlete & Coach Programs, will be a speaker at the clinic
- The iHoops Skills Challenge will hold its Indianapolis Regional Competition at Bracket Town in downtown Indianapolis at noon on Saturday. In all, 29 regional competitions will occur between March 6 and April 10.
- On Sunday (April 4), the NCAA is holding the NCAA Final Four Dribble, where close to 3,000 youths will dribble a basketball from the NCAA National Office to the Indianapolis Convention Center in downtown. iHoops will be on hand offering giveaways to the participants.
- iHoops commercials will be played on the Lucas Oil Stadium video board during the semifinal games on Saturday and the NCAA championship game on Monday (April 5).
2010 NABC International Coaches Forum
This year’s NABC International Coaches Forum will take place Saturday April 2, 2010 from 2-4 pm EST in room 116 of the ICC. This year’s forum will include Argentinean Asst. National coach Julio Lamas, Coach Neil Dougherty of iHoops, and other foreign dignitaries, and basketball leaders. Topics will include “World Perspectives on Professional-Amateur Player Status and Development Education Trends from various regions of the world.
San Antonio – Women’s Final Four
- iHoops will be on hand at the NCAA Youth Clinic at Tourney Town on Friday through Sunday (April 2-4) at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center. Representatives will pass out rubber wristbands and postcards to fans as an iHoops Skills Challenge demonstration takes place on the basketball court in the convention center. iHoops will also be present at the NCAA Youth Clinic that will take place at Tourney Town on Friday (April 2).
- The NCAA will conduct youth clinics on Saturday (April 3) from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m at local area schools. Jason Singleton, iHoops' Assistant Director of Programs, will be a speaker at the clinic.
- The NCAA will set up the Dome Dribble on Friday, where thousands of youths will dribble a basketball from the Alamodome to Tourney Town. iHoops will be on hand to pass out headbands, wristbands and postcards to the participants.
- iHoops commercials will run on the Alamodome video boards during the Saturday open practices, the Sunday semifinals and the Tuesday NCAA championship game.
Also, iHoops will be a part of the NCAA March Madness 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament in Indianapolis during the month of March. More than 1,500 players will be participating in the tournament, which takes place during the weekends of March 19-21 and March 26-28 at Indianapolis-area YMCAs. iHoops will pass out wristbands and postcards to each participant.
For more information on the 3-on-3 tournament, visit the official website at NCAAMarchMadness3on3Tournament.com.