Approximately 100,000 youth basketball players, ages 9 to 14, competed in iHoops Skills Challenge Local Competitions in 2010. It’s now down to 18 participants, nine boys and nine girls.
The iHoops Skills Challenge National Finals will take place May 14th at Amway Arena in Orlando, Fla., as these final 18 competitors from across the United States will vie for the Skills Challenge crown in six different age and gender groups.
The Finals, hosted by Orlando Magic community ambassadors Nick Anderson and Bo Outlaw, concludes the event that was free to competitors and organizers. More than 800 Local Competitions took place in 29 NBA markets, with the top three finishers in each age and gender group advancing to the Regional Competitions in those markets. Of those regional winners, the top 3 finishers in each age and gender group with the fastest time were selected to fly to Orlando to compete in the National Finals.
The 18 finalists will have a full weekend in the Sunshine State. In addition to the competition, the finalists will have dinner at NBA City in Orlando on May 13, and visit the Universal Studios theme park on May 15. Before leaving, the six Skills Challenge champions will be recognized at an Awards Ceremony Dinner at the Hard Rock Hotel.
The 2010 iHoops Skills Challenge kicked off Jan. 9. Each participant had the opportunity to showcase his or her dribbling, passing and shooting skills in this time-based, half-court obstacle course.
2010 iHoops Skills Challenge National Finalists
- Kyle Cochran - Sacramento Kings
- Jake Needleman - New Jersey Nets
- Ranger Soots - Indiana Pacers
- Ryan Carmello - Boston Celtics
- Noah Davis - Houston Rockets
- Tyus Ferguson - Cleveland Cavaliers
- Quinten Davis - Houston Rockets
- Nick Martinka - Phoenix Suns
- Rayjon Moore - Los Angeles Clippers
- Taylor Robertson - Oklahoma City Thunder
- Tia Karras - Cleveland Cavaliers
- Paige Whipple - Portland Trailblazers
- Lauren Brito - Miami Heat
- Madison Walter - Detroit Pistons
- Autumn Bowen - Indiana Pacers
- Sydney Saxton - Atlanta Hawks
- Margaret O'Connor - Boston Celtics
- Mariya Moore - Golden State Warriors