As the NBA's greatest players head to Orlando for the 2012 All-Star Game, it's worth asking: What exactly can you learn from these guys?
The answer: A lot. Whether it's dribbling drills, strength and conditioning, or just some perspective on what drives them to be great, NBA All-Stars are great basketball role models because they've put in the work to get to the place you're shooting for.
iHoops has taken all of its articles and videos featuring this year's NBA All-Stars and compiled them here. Browse through them for tips on playing defense like Kobe Bryant, shooting like Dirk Nowitzki, training like Kevin Durant or sacrificing like Chris Paul.
Watch these All-Stars in action at 6 p.m. EST on February 26 on TNT. And see if the tips they've provided here are paying off on one of basketball's biggest stages.
- The Man Who Doesn't Miss Shots: Former NBA assistant Dave Hopla shares his secrets, and includes an insightful anecdote about his run-in with All-Star Dirk Nowitzki
- Video: Fundamentals of Passing: All-Stars Steve Nash and Deron Williams go through different examples and explain their philosophies for making strong passes.
- Kobe's 3 Tips for Defensive Slides: All-Star Kobe Bryant taught the fundamentals of defensive slides to young players at a clinic. His tips are easy to understand and helpful.
- 4 Dribbling Drills with Steve Nash: Go back to the basics with these remedial dribbling drills that Steve Nash still works on.
- NBA Stars Explain Their Love of the Game: Find out what motivates All-Stars Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul and Dwyane Wade to be dedicated to the game of basketball no matter what.
- 15 Things Kevin Durant Can Teach You: The NBA's top scorer didn't become great by accident. A former coach of his weighs in on the intangibles that made Kevin Durant an All-Star.
- What You Can Learn From Steve Nash: He's not an above-the-rim force, but Steve Nash remains one of the NBA's best athletes. Here's how he uses his gifts to his advantage.
- An Early-Morning Workout With Chris Paul: He doesn't have to wake up before 5 a.m. to train, but here's a video showing what All-Star Chris Paul does before sunrise and why he does it.
- An Inside Look at What Makes Kobe Great: A former trainer of All-Star Kobe Bryant explains why he saw a superstar in the making during Kobe's rookie season.
Strength and Conditioning
- In-Season Strength Training With LaMarcus Aldridge: First-time All-Star LaMarcus Aldridge shows the importance of strength training during the season.
- Video: Sprint Workouts With Chris Bosh: Perennial All-Star Chris Bosh breaks down his reasons for going to a local track and running wind sprints in the offseason.
- Why NBA Players Practice Yoga: Find out why All-Stars like Andre Iguodala and Blake Griffin ignore yoga's stereotypes and use it to fine-tune their bodies.
- An Inside Look at a Dwight Howard Workout: He didn't get those muscles by accident. This video is an inside look at the work Dwight Howard does to be the NBA's best big man.
- iHoops Training Room: Kevin Durant: All-Star Kevin Durant says it best in this video: "If it's burning and hurting, I'm making progress."