ACE Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine Institute 20th annual Potomac River Run MarathonFletcher's Cove on the C&O Canal Towpath 4940 Canal Road NW Washington, DC 20007 Organized by Safety And Health Foundation $25 instant refund on this event with gift card.
About this event
We’ll send your reminder 2 days before this event closes so you don’t miss out.
You will no longer receive email alerts about this activity.
- We look forward to welcoming you to our 20th annual Potomac River Run Marathon & Half
- EVENTS: 8:00 AM: FULL MARATHON START ------ 9:00 AM: HALF MARATHON START
- Flat - scenic - beautiful views of the Potomac River - tree-lined - shaded - out'n'back
- Start and finish at Fletcher's Cove
- 4940 Canal Road NW, Washington DC
- USATF certified course
- Course elevation profile: -------------------------------
- Highest point is 44m above sea level, lowest point is 12m above sea level
- Enjoy a lovely day on the C&O Canal Towpath!
- See displays about the historic C&O Canal before & after race
- The race course is 99% crushed gravel -- no hills -- no pavement except for two short stretches to prevent erosion, no cross streets
- Be aware the aid stations close down as the last runner approaches: Lock 10 closes at 1:00 PM. Lock 7 closes at 1:15 PM. Lock 5 closes at 1:30 PM. Please if you are a slow runner, bring your own water bottle to the race
Event details and schedule
Pre-race dinner at Bronx Pizza next door to Pacers on Friday at 6:30 PM before the race featuring guest speaker Frank Fumich, fundraiser for kids with cancer and official Marine Corps Marathon U.S. flag bearer
Off-Site Parking Options
- Parking is limited at Fletcher's Cove, and we must leave spaces open for the general public, as it's a National Park and open to the public even during races
- Thus we want as many participants as possible to park off-site, so that we leave some parking spaces available at Fletcher's Cove for the general public. Off-site parking options:
- • The River School entrance on Reservoir Road
- • W Street, Bending Lane, or Hutchins Place off Reservoir Road
- • Palisades Library, 4901 V St NW, Washington, DC 20007
- • Our Lady of Victory School, 4755 Whitehaven Pkwy NW, Washington, DC 20007
- • CVS/pharmacy, 4859 MacArthur Boulevard NW, Washington, DC 20007
- For only $10 extra, we offer round-trip Red Top Cab rides from our host hotel Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, located at 1999 Richmond Highway, Arlington, VA 22202-3526 (703-413-5500) to Fletcher's Cove on race day, departing at 7:00 AM and arriving about 7:20 AM
- Please register for the taxi service AT LEAST TWO DAYS in advance
- From westbound Canal Road, Red Top Cab drops you off at Reservoir Road, at the entrance to Fletcher's Cove
- Please cross Canal Road CAREFULLY to get to Fletcher's Cove
- For the return trip after you finish, see the on-site Transportation Director.
- After you finish, as soon as we get groups of 4 finishers, we call Red Top Cab for a ride back to Courtyard by Marriott, or elsewhere in DC area if you prefer
May 06, 2023
Fletcher's Cove on the C&O Canal Towpath4940 Canal Road NW Washington, DC 20007