ACE Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine Institute 17th Abebe Bikila Day International Peace Marathon & HalfFletcher's Cove on the C&O Canal Towpath 4940 Canal Road NW Washington, DC 20007 Organized by Safety And Health Foundation $25 instant refund on this event with gift card.
About this event
We’ll send your reminder 2 days before this event closes so you don’t miss out.
You will no longer receive email alerts about this activity.
- EVENTS: 8:00 AM FULL MARATHON ----- 9:00 AM HALF MARATHON
- Flat - scenic - beautiful views of the Potomac River - tree-lined - shaded - out'n'back
- Start and finish at Fletcher's Cove | 4940 Canal Road NW, Washington DC
- USATF certified course DC09005RT | Certificate | Color Map | B&W Map | PDF | GMAP
- Course elevation profile: -------------------------------
- Highest point is 44m above sea level, lowest point is 12m above sea level
- Enjoy a lovely day on the C&O Canal Towpath!
- See displays about the historic C&O Canal before & after race
Event details and schedule
Off-Site Parking Options
- Parking is limited at Fletcher's Cove, and we must leave spaces open for the general public, as it's a National Park and open to the public even during races
- Thus we want as many participants as possible to park off-site, so that we leave some parking spaces available at Fletcher's Cove for the general public. Off-site parking options:
- • The River School entrance on Reservoir Road
- • W Street, Bending Lane, or Hutchins Place off Reservoir Road
- • Palisades Library, 4901 V St NW, Washington, DC 20007
- • Our Lady of Victory School, 4755 Whitehaven Pkwy NW, Washington, DC 20007
- • CVS/pharmacy, 4859 MacArthur Boulevard NW, Washington, DC 20007
- We offer round-trip Red Top Cab rides from our host hotel to Fletcher's Cove departing at 7:00 AM on race day for only $10.00 arriving about 7:20 AM
- For the return trip after you finish, see the on-site Transportation Director. After you finish, as we get groups of four finishers, we call Red Top Cab for a ride back to our host hotel
- Please register for the taxi service in advance
- From westbound Canal Road, Red Top Cab drops you off at Reservoir Road, at the entrance to Fletcher's Cove
- Please cross Canal Road CAREFULLY to get to Fletcher's Cove
September 09, 2023
Fletcher's Cove on the C&O Canal Towpath4940 Canal Road NW Washington, DC 20007