From funny and uplifting, to overwhelmed and self-deprecating, these are some of the thoughts we all have while on the bike.
When you're finally done with the swim but there's just one problem...1 of 21
1. YES, finally done with the swim.
2. Wait, where's my bike?
3. I think I was number 1530—but now I'm not sure.
4. OH there it is! Right where I left it.
When you feel like a toddler just learning to walk...2 of 21
5. Running in cycling shoes is tough.
6. Don't slip. Don't slip. Don't slip.
When you still haven't actually gotten going yet...3 of 21
7. Where's the mount line?
8. Everyone is cheering for me!
When you don't know if you'll ever be warm again...4 of 21
9. I don't know if I can lift my leg over the top tube. #ColdCramp
10. There should be heaters and warm blankets after you exit the water.
When you finally, finally get going...5 of 21
11. Okay, clipped in. Here we go.
12. GARMIN, COMMENCE!
When you're still optimistic...6 of 21
13. Only 112 miles to go.
14. Hey this is fun!
15. *Waves at the crowd*
16. Wow, I'm feeling faster than usual.
17. This is gonna be cake.
When getting a little water shouldn't be this difficult...7 of 21
18. Why'd I mount my bottles behind my saddle? #StruggleBus
When you wish you were back in the water right about now...8 of 21
19. Hmmm first aid station. Skip it.
20. Wow it's getting warm out here.
21. Like really warm.
22. Time for some salt tablets.
When you realize you still have a long ways to go...9 of 21
23. Wait, it's only been 45 miles?
24. Okay just keep going. Let's back off the pace a bit.
25. Didn't I pass that guy earlier?
When you regret your past decisions...10 of 21
26. I wish I practiced drinking out of the straw.
When your mind starts to—Squirrel!11 of 21
27. Aero bars really aren't as comfy as they look.
28. Swedish fish are SO GOOD.
29. Focus. Focus. Focus.
When you're convinced the numbers you're reading can't possibly be right...12 of 21
30. 112 miles didn't feel this long on training rides.
When you know there's at least something you're good at...13 of 21
31. Grabbing a bottle from a volunteer is an art form.
32. And I'm pretty good at it.
33. Why do they make the trash zones so short?
When you get that prickly feeling that you're doing something wrong...14 of 21
34. Why is the ref watching me? I'm not in the lead.
When you have to make the hard decisions...15 of 21
35. Flash flood warning.
36. Should I stop at the porta potty, or just go on my bike?
37. Nobody is behind me. The decision is clear.
39. Much better. Let's go!
When you mistakenly look ahead...16 of 21
40. Man this is taking forever.
41. I have to run after this?
42. I really hope that caffeine kicks in.
When you start to question your sanity...17 of 21
43. Oh hey, only 12 miles left!
44. Wait, 12 miles is further than I expected.
45. I can't wait to get off this bike.
46. I don't think I'm ever going to ride again.
When you start to get some last-minute confidence...18 of 21
47. These spectators are so nice. I CAN do it.
48. Time to squeeze in some last minute nutrition.
When you thought the hard part was over...19 of 21
49. Where's T2?
50. I gotta be getting close.
51. THERE IT IS! I MADE IT!
When you realize it's far from over...20 of 21
52. Getting off the bike was harder than getting on.
53. I have to run a marathon now???