Drill, Baby Drill Workout
- 50 swim, 50 kick, 50 pull, repeat two times (300)
- 5 x 100 drill by 25s with 15-second rest. Drills are 25 right-arm, 25 left-arm, 25 catch-up, 25 fast swim. (500)
- 4 x 75 swim, done as 25 fast, 25 easy, 25 fast, 10-second rest (300)
- 5 x 100 drill by 25s with 15-second rest. Drills are 25 catch-up, 25 fingertip drag, 25 fist, 25 fast swim. (500)
- 4 x 75 swim, done as 25 easy, 25 fast, 25 easy; 10-seconed rest (300)
- 4 x 50 drill done as 25 Tarzan, 25 swim; 15-second rest (200)
- 10 x 25 swim fast with 10-second rest (250)
- 200 easy swim, done as 25 double arm back stroke, 25 breast, 50 pull (200)
Remember, form work is not just for the winter months. As the season approaches, continue to include drilling, kicking and sculling sets within your swim sessions. Just a short set focusing on one aspect of your stroke will continue to develop your efficiency in the water and in the long run, your speed.
Be sure to mix-up the workouts to keep them fresh, interesting, challenging and fun.
*Six-beat kick: On your side, with bottom arm extended, complete six kicks; then stroke and roll to your other side and repeat. **Three-beat kick: On your side, with bottom arm extended, complete three kicks; then stroke and roll to your other side and repeat.
Search for your next triathlon.