We're sorry, but this activity is over. The last meeting was Friday, July 21, 2023.
CAMP YOUR HEART OUT!
Our half day after Summer Learning Academy (SLA) day camp program will operate from June 26 to July 21, 2023. Program hours are 12:10pm-6:00pm (after SLA) and 7:00am-6:00pm on non-SLA days that take place during the session. The program is closed on Tuesday, July 4, 2023. This half-day program option is ONLY open to students in the TUSD Summer Learning Academy, "SLA" (Summer School) - it is not open to the general public or to children who are not in the SLA program.
This is a limited 4-week program, designed to provide a half-day summer day camp for children attending the SLA on this school campus. This program does not include any off-site field trips and does not participate in the YMCA Field Trips that come to the Y program. This program has a separate weekly activity calendar.
This program requires a minimum enrollment of 20 children for a half day program. If this minimum is not met by June 5, 2023, this program will be cancelled. The half-day program will not be conducted. If cancelled due to low enrollment, families will receive a full refund.
The YMCA OF METROPOLITAN LOS ANGELES has been serving families for over 140 years. Your family can count on Y to ensure your child is having fun in a safe, nurturing environment. The Y offers a variety of day camp programs, throughout the school breaks, to meet the needs of parents and match the interests of our campers.
Our Day Camps have inspired kids with countless opportunities to laugh, lead and make lasting friendships. Since your family's safety is our top priority, we have implemented safety protocols that follow state and local guidelines. It is our priority to help your children enjoy a safe and fun program where they can build lasting friendships. At YMCA day camps, children gain a sense of BELONGING, ACHIEVE more and build strong RELATIONSHIPS.
JOIN AS A YMCA MEMBER AND SAVE! YMCA Day Camp and Child Care programs are open for enrollment to the entire community. A YMCA membership is not required to enroll and participate in a YMCA Day Camp or Child Care program. This summer, we are offering Membership Pricing! JOIN and become a YMCA member and save up to $40 per week, per child, on Summer Day Camp. You can join the Y at https://www.ymcala.org/membership or by emailing Membership@ymcala.org. Please note the following:
- In order to receive the discounted membership pricing, you must have a Family Membership at any Los Angeles YMCA branch at the time that you enroll for the day camp, and both the payer (the parent, guardian, etc.) and the child, must be on the membership. If you register for day camp before joining as a member, the YMCA cannot go back and adjust your fees and the YMCA will not issue credits or refunds for the difference in price, of any kind.
- You must maintain your family membership through the summer. If you cancel your membership before the end of your child’s last summer session, you will no longer qualify for membership pricing and your account will be adjusted to the non-member price.
YMCA PROGRAM HANDBOOK ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: By registering for this program, the parent, guardian or authorized representative of the enrolled child acknowledges that they have read, understood and agreed to all the policies and procedures for enrollment in this YMCA program. In addition, the parent, guardian or authorized representative acknowledges that they have received, read, understood and agreed to the most recent edition of the YMCA Handbook for this program. The YMCA Program Handbook is available to download at www.ymcala.org/daycamp or via request to email@example.com.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The YMCA reserves the right to modify the program schedule, as the YMCA sees appropriate, without prior notice to the parent, guardian or authorized representative of the child. This includes but is not limited to: weekly themes, weekly planned activities, weekly field trips (including field trips and vendors that come to the Y) and the weekly curriculum. The YMCA makes no guarantees that the day camp schedule will match the advertised schedule, as things may change between the time that the schedule is prepared and the time of program operation.
PAYMENT DUE DATES: There are two options to pay for your child’s summer program (options can be done in combination): (1) register online and pay week-by-week, pending space availability, or (2) register online and pay in full for all desired weekly sessions. We do not accept $25 deposits for summer school day camp programs. Sessions must be paid in full at the time of enrollment.
CHANGES & CANCELLATIONS: For School Break Programs, A written request is required for all program changes, cancellations and refund requests. Without proper written request, the change, cancellation or refund request will be denied.
- For School Break Programs During the Summer (such as a summer day camp): The deadline to submit a written request for a cancellation, change or refund is the Wednesday prior to the draft for each weekly session (Please note, the weekly draft is the Monday prior to the start of each School Break Program weekly session). This deadline applies to all day camp enrollments, regardless of if the enrollment is paid in full, paid via deposit with a balance or paid week-to-week. YMCA School Break Programs are charged based on the weekly sessions that the parent, guardian or authorized individual selected at the time of online enrollment and it is therefore their responsibility to ensure that any request for cancellations, changes or refunds is submitted by the deadline.
- No credits, refunds or transfers will be granted for a weekly program session once the deadline for changes and cancellations has passed. This includes a program enrollment that happens after the deadline for changes and cancellations has passed. If a child is enrolled in a weekly program session AFTER the deadline for changes and cancellations has passed for that particular weekly program session, the enrollment and the sale are considered FINAL. The YMCA will not issue a credit, refund or transfer for request made after the deadline for cancellations and changes has passed, regardless of when the child was registered and enrolled in to the program by the payer.
CANCELLATION FEES (FOR SCHOOL BREAK PROGRAMS)
- All approved refund requests for a School Break Program will be subject to a $25 cancellation fee. Approval of the refund is contingent upon adherence to the cancellation policies listed above.
2023 SUMMER DAY CAMP DEADLINE TO SUBMIT A WRITTEN REQUEST FOR CANCELLATION, CHANGE OR REFUND:
- Week of June 26: Deadline is Wednesday, June 14
- Week of July 3: Deadline is Wednesday, June 21
- Week of July 10: Deadline is Wednesday, June 28
- Week of July 17: Deadline is Wednesday, July 5
WRITTEN REQUEST: All written requests must be submitted to ChildCare@ymcala.org. A verbal notice or written request to the YMCA Director of the program or any YMCA staff member is not sufficient, as YMCA staff cannot submit a written request on behalf of a parent, guardian or authorized representative. Physical forms are no longer provided. Any outstanding balances will be due at the time of cancellation. The parent, guardian or authorized representative is liable for any program fees that the YMCA may incur in its effort to collect any remaining balances.
We hope that this information is helpful to you as you navigate through the summer program.