Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Downtown Springfield Square600 S Main St. Springfield, TN 37172
The YMCA Race Series is back with live events. Our first live event will be the Holiday 5K on Saturday, November 21. In addition to the live event, we will offer a virtual option for those wishing to participate on your own course, on your own time, from November 20-22.
Due to our current situation with COVID-19, our race will look different, but our goal remains the same. To provide you with the best race experience in a safe environment where you strive to cross that finish line.
Please note and understand that the knowledge and circumstances around COVID-19 are changing constantly, and we will continue to adjust our guidelines to ensure a safe and healthy race environment. Consider these guidelines as “living guidelines,” meaning the included criteria and recommendations are based on known factors at the time of writing. As more information becomes available concerning COVID-19, these guidelines may be amended and will be released at that time.
Event details and schedule
YMCA of Middle Tennessee | Holiday 5K [LIVE EVENT]
COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
SCREENING (Racers, Staff, Volunteers)
Screen questions for all staff, volunteers and participants upon arrival at entry into the starting line. Those who answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions will not be permitted to race and asked to leave the premises.
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days? (Note: This does not apply to medical personnel, first responders, or other individuals who encounter COVID-19 as part of their professional or caregiving duties while wearing appropriate PPE.)
- Are you experiencing any CDC listed COVID-19 symptoms? (fever or chills, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea)
- Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?
- Are you awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test or have a tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
- Contactless temperature checks across your forehead for all staff, volunteers and participants upon arrival at entry into the starting line. If your temperature is above 100.4, you will not be permitted to race and asked to leave the premises.
LIVE EVENT ADJUSTMENTS
- Event Date: Saturday, November 21
- Distance: the 10K and Kids Fun Run 1K have been canceled. The only distance offered for the live event is the 5K. If you elect the virtual race, you may select either the 5K or 10K.
- Registration: Registration opens Monday, October 12, and ends on Wednesday, November 18. There is no on-site registration for this event. It is open for pre-registration only.
- Capacity: There will be a maximum of 200 participants with a maximum of 10 waves in the 5K live event.
- Please make every effort to pick up your race bib and shirt before race day.
- Friday, November 20 – 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Location: Robertson Count YMCA [3332 Tom Austin HWY, Springfield, TN 37172]
- We have made arrangements for this to be a drive-thru packet pick-up.
Race Day Packet Pick-Up
- Participants are to arrive no more than 30 minutes before their starting time.
- Saturday, November 20 starting at 07:30 a.m. and ending at 09:45 a.m.
- Location: Steps of the county courthouse S. Main St. side
- The race will start in a time trial fashion. Physical distancing measures will be implemented in the staging area [located in front of the courthouse on S. Main St.] leading up to the starting line. All participants will be required to keep six feet distance from others.
- The starting line will be located on N. Main St past 5th Ave and Woodard Hall
- During registration, participants will be asked for their estimated finish time. This time will determine your start time [wave #].
- Participants will receive their start time [wave #] through email on Thursday, November 19.
- Participants are asked to arrive at the starting line no more than 15 minutes before your scheduled time.
- Participants will be separated in groups of 20 in staggered waves [starting every 15 minutes] between 08:00 a.m. and 10:15 a.m.
- In each wave of 20 participants, participants will be spaced six feet apart on all sides and start in pairs every few seconds.
- The course will be designed as a loop and will not include any sections as an out and back to minimize the opportunity for participants to cross paths.
- Participants will be asked to leave plenty of space when passing other participants and refrain from drafting directly behind other runners.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own water for the course. There will be no water stop along the course.
- While on the course, you should avoid spitting.
- The finish line will be separate from the starting line but will be in the same vicinity. [Located at the corner of W 6th Ave and S. Main St.]
- Participants will not be allowed to congregate in the finish line area.
- A minimal number of volunteers will hand finishers a bag, which will include a 16.9oz bottle of water, pre-packaged snacks, and your finishers medal.
- POST RACE: No awards ceremony will be held after the race to prevent gathering and ensure social distancing measures are adhered to.
- The results will not be posted at the race site.
- Results will post online throughout the morning.
- To view the results: http://amatteroftiming.com/
- There will be no overall or age group awards for this year’s race.
- All participants in the live event will receive a 3” custom finishers medal.
- Participants will receive their medal after they cross the finish line.
- Virtual runners will not receive a medal.
- For us to keep crowds to a minimum and keep everyone safe, we ask that all participants limit their spectators as much as possible.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
CLOTH FACE COVERING PROTOCOLS
- YMCA STAFF | required to wear a face-covering at all times
- Volunteers | required to wear a face-covering at all times
- Vendors working the event [IE: Timing company, DJ, photographer, etc.] | required to wear a face-covering at all times
- Spectators | required to wear a face-covering at all times
- Required to wear a face-covering at all times until they are at the starting line and told to start the race
- Masks can be removed while running
- After crossing the finish line, masks are required before exiting the finish line chute
- A face-covering can be a cloth face mask, plastic face shield, a gator scarf, etc. Anything that will cover your mouth and nose.
- Masks will be made available for anyone how does not have one.
- Gloves: Any YMCA Staff, volunteers, or vendors handing something to participants will be required to wear gloves.
- To manage the volume of participants on-site, each participant will be given a specific arrival time to pick up their packet and start their race. This is to ensure the total participant numbers at any one time are kept under strict control.
- Dedicated lanes, along with designated waiting spots, will be provided at the start and finish line to prevent overcrowding in these areas.
CLEANING AND SANITIZATION
- Reduced customer touch-points to minimize physical interaction between participants, and participants and event staff/volunteers.
- Additional cleaning and sanitization of participant touch-points through the area, including check-in areas, toilets, shirt collection, results, and finish line.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use throughout the event, including around high traffic areas, in and around portable toilets.
- Increased safety and hygiene procedures for staff and volunteers including regular hand sanitization.