Twas the Run Before Christmas and all round the town, the Santas were jogging.... no where was a frown!
Join us in this Clinton Holiday Tradition - the 3rd annual "Run Before Christmas - Santa Con 8k", brought to you by some of the "locals" behind the Main Street Half Marathon of Hunterdon and the Red Mill!
Please note, holiday (Santa) gear requested, and masks will be mandated ( hint, we're giving you a mask beard to complete your ensemble ).
Event details and schedule
Ho, Ho, Ho...ly crap.
There, I said it so you don't have to! We hope this note finds you and yours hanging in. As you might expect, in light of the latest Executive Order and increased associated restrictions, we must make some changes to our original plans for the "Run Before Christmas - SantaCon 8k". While we will NOT be having this event in its traditional sense or at it's traditional location we will still be racing 8K-ish miles....with chip timing... during the "Run Before Christmas" on 12/19 while adhering to all current restrictions (masks, distances, no gathering, small groups) at a location within 1 mile of our traditional course. A bit too vague for your comfort? No sweat....here's the details you need to know. READ CAREFULLY
1) You're in the driver's seat...if you'd prefer not to participate (and want a refund or to donate your registration to the Red Mill)... or have special requests (like picking up a friend's packet or running with family members)...you must FILL OUT THIS FORM prior to 12/7/20.
2) Additional Informed Consent - this is no longer an event...but rather an opportunity for you to go out for a run in the country, get in the Holiday Spirit...dressed in your santa gear...get an official clock time...and possibly run with your family (assuming your fam is less than 25 people). It absolutely will be fun (because that's what we do)..but if you opt to participate you are accepting any and all risks associated with such for you and yours, and are releasing all race directors, sponsors, coordinating entities and / or their affiliates from any and all claims associated with your participation. Any roads run will be open to traffic and there will not be course marshalls / volunteers etc. Again, this is you choosing to go out for a run... we're just giving you some structure like a set course, start time, timing mats and some festivities to keep spirits bright!
3) Packet Pick-up: If you opt to participate, you or someone on your behalf must pick-up your packet in the "packet-pick-up driveby" on 12/12 between 8a and 10a at 1250 State Route 31, Lebanon, NJ 08833. We encourage you to fill out the form above and indicate a "special request" including bibs (besides yours) you'll be picking up. ENTER VIA MOLASSES HILL ROAD, MAP HERE and following the instructions once on-sight. Don't get out of your car.
4) For race day 12/19/20 - Participants will be assigned a start time (with extremely limited flexibility) between 8a and 10a. You'll be expected to wear a mask, maintain appropriate distancing at all times, and arrive at the starting line precisely at your assigned time... not before, not after. Once finished, we expect you'll return promptly to your car. Doing so will ensure no gathering and no crowds. As you approach the starting line your bib must be visible...if we see your bib and it's not associated with the current starting time, we'll instruct you to return to your car or anywhere other than where people are. Please don't be a cotton headed ninny muggins! Exact starting times and a course map will be communicated to you via email the week leading into the race. The course will be 8K-ish. If you haven't received your start time and instructions prior to Friday 12/18, email firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Parking - there are a number of large public lots within 1 mile from our target starting line... a perfect amount of distance to warm-up and cool down. Given the staggered start time you should have no problem keeping plenty of distance between yourself and others. There are also many neighborhoods you may choose to park in... please be respectful of your surroundings at all times. We'll give you more exact locations to consider in the pre-race email that outlines your start time (reminder, this email will come the week leading up to the race).
6) Timing & Amenities - Your bib will have a timing chip on it... if you mistakenly wear someone else's bib, you'll get someone else's time. While the course will be marked with directional arrows and mile markers... this is a pack-in / pack-out sorta shindig.... if you think you'll need fuel / water.... you should carry it (and dispose of any container appropriately). And while we apologize that restrictions will prevent a post race breakfast (we hope you'll stop in and support the Towne Restaurant who had planned to provide), there are some post race goodies thanks to Basil Bandwagon and Loew & Patel Orthodontics...grab one after you finish and on your way back to your car.
7). Gear - there's a lot that has been and can still be cancelled... Holiday Spirit isn't one of them... we appreciate you wearing yours. Lookin' forward to seeing some Santa Suits!
And if all of this just seems to be too much to handle... remember, there's room for everyone on the nice list.....hope to see you, from a distance, from the bridge of your nose up.... soon.