A drill that we use at the Universty of Mississippi is called the "Soccer ball drill." This drill consists of a tee, a small plunger (turn upside down and put in the tee), three to four soccer balls, and an old bat.
- To build forearm strength
- To see the rotation on the ball (you want back spin)
- To teach young hitters to drive through the ball and not pull off.
- Put soccer ball on upside down plunger which is inside top of tee.
- Line up with tee and hit the soccer just like you would do it was a regular ball.