Join us on Sunday, June 26, 2021 for the Sri Chinmoy 5 & 10-Mile Race, featuring a scenic, flat and fast 2.5-Mile loop around historic Flushing Meadows Corona Park. 5-Mile = 2 loops, 10-Mile = 4 loops.
PERKS & AMENITIES:
Free parking, bag check, included race shirt, aid stations every 1.5 miles, medals for all finishers.
Sponsored by the Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team in cooperation with the NYC Parks Department
Event details and schedule
We are aiming for a single start sometime between 8-9AM, and are hopeful there will be no need for multiple waves, pending the Covid restrictions imposed by the park at the time of the race. Check back closer to the race date for a final decision.
A scenic, flat and fast USATF certified 2.5-Mile loop starting at the north end of Meadow Lake, passing the iconic World's Fair Unisphere and other landmarks.
Participants will receive a race shirt and bib in the mail in advance of the race, to further limit on-site interactions on race-day.
The cost of shipping is included in the race registration fee. You will be notified by email when your package ships, which will be 6-7 days before the race. Please help us by registering early, entering a valid U.S. shipping address including apartment number, if applicable, and adding email@example.com to your address book to ensure you receive all notifications.
Free race shirts guaranteed for all participants registered by June 18.
T-Shirt sizes are Unisex: X-Small, Small, Medium, Large, X-Large, 2XL
We'll do our best to provide shirts for those who register after June 18, but no guarantees!
Men’s and Women’s awards categories, for 5M and 10M:
Under 50: Top 3
50 & over: First place
Medals for all finishers
Awards will be mailed to winners after the race (no awards ceremony at the race)
5M runners are allowed up to 1 hour 15 min. to complete the race, 10M runners 2 hours 30 min.
Participants must be 15 years or older as of race-day to compete in the 5M, 16 years or older for the 10M
The following is a list of measures we are taking in order to help protect the health and safety of participants and race personnel. As Covid restrictions are modified or lifted, this page may be updated. Please make sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book in order to receive important race updates.
- You must register in advance, there will be no race-day registration.
- Only registered runners with their race bib pinned to the front of their shirt will be permitted in the race staging area. Sorry, strictly no guests / spectators.
- Face coverings and physical distancing (min. 6 ft.) are mandatory at all times in the race staging area.
- Face coverings are required during the race when physical distancing is not possible.
- Sealed water bottles will be available at the start/finish area in lieu of water cups.
- After finishing, please exit the race area as soon as you can.
EVENT CANCELLATION POLICY
We live in uncertain times. If we are forced to cancel this event owing to circumstances beyond our control, including, but not limited to:
- New or modified COVID-19 regulations/restrictions imposed by park officials or city or state governments;
- Unsafe conditions in the park, such as excessive snow or ice on the roadways, or other severe weather related conditions;
The event will be converted to a virtual one. Registered participants will still receive race shirts and finisher medals in the mail upon completion of the virtual race, and trophies will be mailed to winners as per the awards breakdown above.
Refunds: We're sorry, but we cannot issue refunds, credit or deferrals within 30 days of the original event date, as most expenses (such as race shirts, trophies, finisher medals) have been paid for. If the event is cancelled more than 30 days prior to the original event date, we will contact registered participants with race refund / credit / deferral options.