Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
School of Social Work Continuing EducationUniversity of Pittsburgh 2117 Cathedral of Learning Pittsburgh, PA 15260
We're sorry, but this workshop is over. The last meeting was Friday, February 28, 2020.Social Workers on the Board: 101 for 501s.
Date: February 28th, 2020This course will cover the essential information for social workers and others who are new board members or those who wish to serve a nonprofit in the future. 101 on 501s will feature a panel of attorneys who have experience at both large and grassroots organizations in a variety of different disciplines. The webinar will provide an overview of the roles and responsibilities of board members, including the basics of nonprofit corporate legal issues, including:
- Overview of board responsibilities, duty of care and duty of loyalty
- Understanding corporate formalities, including common quorum and voting issues
- 15 documents to review before joining a nonprofit
- Common compliance issues
- Mergers and informal partnership arrangements
- Have increased knowledge about a Board of Director’s Duty of Care
- Have increased knowledge about a Board of Director’s Duty of Loyalty
- Have increased knowledge about common compliance issues
- Have increased knowledge about corporate formalities and responsibilities of of a nonprofit Board of Directors
- Understand what important legal and tax documents to review prior to joining a new Board.
Course 3 Instructors