These homemade protein bars pull out all the stops: they're vegan, soy-free, gluten-free and full of what your body needs post-workout—protein and green superfoods.
The bars are simple to make because there's no baking involved. If you can push the button on your food processor and open your freezer (and we're confident in your abilities), you can make this recipe. Try it out.
- 1 serving Amazing Grass Amazing Meal (Pumpkin Spice, Original, Vanilla Chai, Chocolate or Mocha all work well)
- 28 grams roasted unsalted peanuts
- 28 grams unsalted walnuts, divided
- 28 grams unsalted almonds, divided
- 28 grams pumpkin seeds
- 20 grams gluten-free oats
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons powdered peanut butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened vanilla almond milk, divided
- 20 grams extra-dark chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable, canola or grape seed oil
- Coarse salt
Line a baking dish with wax paper.
In a food processor, coarsely chop all the peanuts, half the almonds and half the walnuts. Hand mix in 2 teaspoons of maple syrup and 1?2 ounce almond milk. Spread this mixture into your prepared pan in an even layer. For easier smoothing out, place another sheet of wax paper on top of the mixture and use a spoon or your palm to spread the mixture. Toss your pan in the freezer for an hour or so.
Protein Powder Layer
In a food processor, combine the Amazing Meal, powdered peanut butter, 1 tablespoon peanut butter, 1 teaspoon of maple syrup and 1 ounce of almond milk. Puree it all. Hand stir in the oats.
More: Oatmeal 3 Ways