California Chicken Wrap
Quality proteins will support the repletion of muscles and promote recovery after tough workouts. In as little as one 4-ounce serving of chicken, half of an athlete's daily protein needs are met. Along with protein, chicken contains selenium. Selenium helps to protect muscles from free radical damage that can occur during exercise.
More: What Runners Should Know About Protein
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped artichoke hearts
- 4 tablespoons chopped Kalamata olives
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 tablespoon minced, red onions
- 1 tablespoon canola oil mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the dressing, and set aside.
- Grill chicken breasts on medium heat until cooked through.
- Cool chicken and dice.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, tomatoes, artichokes and olives. Pour the dressing over the vegetable and chicken mixture, and toss gently until mixture is fully coated.
- Place tortilla on a flat surface. Place 1/2 cup of vegetable and chicken mixture on a tortilla. Roll burrito-style and serve.
More: Get Lean With Protein
Discuss This Article