Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cover two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpat baking mats.
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, combine the almond butter, maple syrup, oil and vanilla extract. Stir until combined.
Pour the flour mixture over the almond butter mixture, and stir until just combined. Sprinkle in the dried cranberries, and stir gently. Use a tablespoon or small melon baller to drop cookie batter onto sheets. Press down gently on each cookie with the back of a fork. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes—don't overbake or the cookies will be dry. Remove from oven and let cool on sheets before transferring to a cooling rack.
*NuttZo is fortified with omega-3s, so the tablespoon of ground flaxseed isn't necessary if you're using this product.
More: 3 Recipes for Fast Recovery
Berry Hemp Nut Muffins
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour or meal (very finely ground almonds)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 cup hemp milk*
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, cranberries)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Discuss This Article