RE 2 Level pre 2 (formerly 1.5 Gymnastics) 6 pm WednesdaysArmory Complex 620 N. Morton Street Newberg, OR 97132 Organized by Chehalem Parks and Recreation
About this event
We're sorry, but this activity is over. The last meeting was Wednesday, February 22, 2023.
Pre 2 Gymnastics (formerly Level 1.5) This class is an exciting advance for those who are recommended by a teacher to train with more focus. Kids at this stage are working on round-offs and bridge kick-overs. Events are taught with an additional emphasis on strength training and flexibility to work. Classes are extended to 1.25 hours.
1. Please keep that beautiful hair tied up! Not just in a pony tial but a braid or bun that allows it not to spread all over teh floor when your're upside down. Doing bridges, headstands, somersaults, etc, become harder to spot and interfere with the child safely finding a place to put their hands without tugging on their hair.
2. Please keep yourself hydrated! If you forget a water bottle, there is a drinking fountain between the bathrooms.
3. Super tip! Please eat a good healthy snack with lots of protein, for sustained energy to get thru class! Gymnastics is demanding!
- Please wear appropriate workout clothing (leotards recommended but not required).
- Hair must be kept back.
- Please remove jewelry before class.
- Bring a water bottle.
- Parents are welcome to stay to watch class.
- Instructors will advance students based on skill mastery in current level.
- For the student's safety, warm-ups are required to attend classes. If a student arrives late to a class, warm up must be completed to participate.
- Make-ups You may make up a class by attending another class of a comparable level. Please use make-ups within the current session. Instructors can advise as to comparable class levels and times. Please notify instructor when using a make-up.
AR Main Hall at Armory Complex
February 01 - 22, 2023
6:00 PM to 7:30 PM
Age and Gender
Armory Complex620 N. Morton Street Newberg, OR 97132