Streams and ponds provide habitat for a wide variety of interesting organisms. Students will learn about the different types of freshwater ecosystems and how the inhabitants of these bodies of water interact with each other. Live animals will help us learn about freshwater habitats right here in Texas! We hope students will have a newfound interest in these very intricate ecosystems and be inspired to do your part to keep these areas clean and healthy. Pre-registration is required.
- Class meets at the picnic tables at the front of ONP.
- Only students need to register, but parents are required to stay with their children.
- Bring water. Wear weather-appropriate clothing and comfortable shoes.
- Program developed for 5Y+.
- Please leave pets at home.