*Elf Yourself 5K Registration will CLOSE ON TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 14TH at midnight! If you are unable to register before then, you will still be able to register the morning of the 5K in person, but please note there will be a $5 price increase for all levels. Please also note that only pre-registered runners are guaranteed their swag bags*
The Lake Forest Chamber of Commerce's 7th Annual holiday FUN RUN 5K takes place in the stunning Lake Forest Sports Park on Saturday, November 18, 2023. It is a fast, flat course contained within the park. Our theme is Elf Yourself to kick off the holiday season! This is a fun family event for all, strollers and pets are welcome!
We have a large post-race expo with local restaurants passing out samples, vendors, and various fitness companies. There is even games & crafts for kids, photos with Santa, bounce houses, a hot chocolate station, and more! Make sure to bring your pets for our pet parade, there are awards for best dressed pets!
*In order to guarantee receiving a full swag bag, make sure to register by 11/1/23*
Event details and schedule
LFCC Elf Yourself 5K - November 18th, 2023
Lake Forest Sports Park
28000 Rancho Parkway
Lake Forest, CA 92630
Packet Pick Up Information:
- Packet Pick-Up will be on Friday, November 17th, 2023 from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM
- Located at Spectrum Specialties & Awards/The Lake Forest Chamber Office
- 26239 Enterprise Court, Lake Forest, CA 92630
- Next Door to South Coast Photography
- MUST bring a copy of your signed waiver and an ID
- If you want to pick up for a friend, you are able to do so if you have a picture of their ID and a signed copy of their waiver
- If you can't make it at this time, we will also have packet pick up in the morning before the race, but make sure to arrive early!
Day of Race Information
- Enter the Sports Park from the Portola Parkway entrance (NOT Lake Forest Drive). We will be closing all park entrances prior to the race start for runner's safety.
- The Park will be on lockdown from 8 AM to 11 AM. There are NO exceptions to this rule because it is for runner's safety.
- Overflow parking will be available across the street at Saddleback Church (just a short walk away). If you need to arrive late or leave early, you must park over here and not inside the Park.
- Get to the start line early!
This is a timed event with 4 Waves!
- Wave 1: Fast PR Elves
- Wave 2: Speedy Elves
- Wave 3: Runner/Jogger Elves
- Wave 4: Walkers/Strollers/Pet Elves
Additional Runner Information:
- The Start Line is located on the large grass area referred to as "the commons" before the soccer fields.
- Awards will be given in age groups for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd males and females. There will also be top overall awards for males and females.
- Every person will receive a Finishers Medal upon completion of the race!
- Make sure to dress up in your best holiday gear! Don't be afraid to go all out!
- It is a flat 2 1/2 looped course entirely within the Sports Park! We are running on the streets of the Park.
- It will be clearly marked with colorful arrows (one color per lap) & a lead cyclist from Pure Ride Cycles for the fastest runners.
- We will have pacers leading each wave!
Tentative Schedule of Events:
8:00 AM - Runners Start to Arrive
8:30 AM - Race Announcer Starts/Line Up
8:30-8:45 AM - Carolers from Broadway Arts Studios
8:45 AM - Herbalife Warm-Up
8:55 AM - National Anthem from Broadway Arts Studios
9:00 AM - Wave 1 Release Fast PR Elves
Wave 2 Release Speedy Elves
Wave 3 Release Runner/Jogger Elves
Wave 4 Release Walker/Strollers/Pet Elves
9:00 AM - Expo Officially Opens
9:15 AM - Finish Line Medals (Ongoing)
9:30-11:00 AM - On Going Raffles & Expo Activities
10:00-10:15 AM - Podium Awards
10:00 AM - Demo(s)
10:30 AM - Pet Costume Contest
10:45 AM - Pet Costume Awards
11:00 AM - Start Clean Up
- Herbalife will be warming up the runners!
- Broadway Arts Studios will sing the National Anthem
- Jade Tully is your race announcer!
- Caren Ware of Itz About Time will be timing our race!
- Mary Visconte of Spectrum Specialties/CEO of the Lake Forest Chamber is our Race Director!
- Be sure to say HI to everyone!
- Don't run away after the race. Be sure to hold onto your Bib # to check if you won any raffle prizes! Raffles will be ongoing at the DJ station and written on a dry erase board. Keep checking back to see if you won!
- We have a Kid's Zone called Candy Cane Lane: photos with Santa, games, activites, bounce houses, and more!
- Samples from the following: past vendors have included Urban Grill, La Casita Olvera, Coffee, Raising Cane's, A Little Something Sweet, Dessert Diva's, Urban Smoked Meats, & More!
- Most of the race is put on by volunteers including our professional photographers: Takata Photo & Design, The Walman Photography, and Eagle Community Credit Union.
- All your pictures are FREE! They will be uploaded onto our Elf Yourself Facebook photo albums, be sure to like our Page! You will be able to download the photos from there!
- Be sure to tag our Instagram and Facebook pages on any pictures you post of the event!
- This Event Supports Local Chamber Charities:
- The Pet Adoption Center of O.C.
- Boys & Girls Club of Laguna Beach
- Dream Animal Rescue
- Kiwanis Club of Lake Forest
- And MORE!!
We thank you for all of your support! If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact the Lake Forest Chamber of Commerce by emailing info@lakeforestCAchamber.com or calling (949)583-9639.