If 2020 has taught us nothing, it's flexibility....
With that in mind, we have another important announcement to make. Run the Lights of LIFE has been a very successful 5K and 1 k fun run for 7 years. Because City of Marietta has cancelled all special events for the foreseeable future, and wanting to preserve the tradition for so many, we have decided to host the race off campus for 2020. Runners wanting to tour the Lights of LIFE sometime after the run will be provided a complimentary ticket at the race. In addition to the fabulous holiday light display, we have added a carousel this year. Please join us for Run the Lights of LIFE, and then take time to visit our beautiful campus with friends and family for Lights of LIFE.
The new date/location will be Town Center Mall in Kennesaw on Sunday, Dec 20th at 8am. There will be holiday themed fun on a very fast course, and all participants will still get the awesome finisher medal and shirt.
If you have already registered, you have several options;
1. Join us on December 20th "as-is". (This is the default option) If you choose this option, no further action on your part is required. In addition, if you are already signed up as of November 26 and you choose this option, you will receive a $10 discount code on the 2021 edition of the race ($10 discount code will apply to 5K participants only).
2. Defer your current entry to the 2021 edition of the race (tentatively scheduled for 11/27/2021)
3. Run virtually. You will still get the finisher medal/shirt, shipped right to your door. (instructions on how to submit your virtual time will be sent out 7-10 days prior to the race)
4. Request a refund.
If you choose any option other than option 1, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Thursday, 12/3. If you are requesting a refund, all refunds will be sent for processing on 12/7, and active.com usually takes 3-5 business days to process them and have the refund in your account. If we do not hear from you by 12/3, your entry will automatically default to the new date (12/20).
Thank you in advance for your understanding and we look forward to seeing you on December 20th in the temporary home for the run, as well as in 2021 when we hope to get back to normal.
ALL PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE AWESOME FINISHER MEDALS THAT DOUBLE AS HOLIDAY ORNAMENTS TO COMMEMORATE THE SEASON!!
Event details and schedule
- 1K fun run starts at 745am, and the 5K at 8am.
- Race starts and finishes at Town Center Mall, 400 Barrett Pkwy in Kennesaw. PLEASE NOTE this is only for the 2020 edition of the race.
- Dress in your favorite holiday gear to win cool prizes!
- Awards will be given to the overall male/female and overall master male/female winners, as well as in various age groups (M/F) from 10 and under to 65 and over.
- Packet Pickup times/dates will be announced asap.
- Complete race instructions as well as time submission instructions if you are running virtually will be sent out 10-14 days prior to the race.
- Complimentary tickets to attend the Lights of Life will be available race morning.
SUBMITTING YOUR TIME FOR THE VIRTUAL RUN
You will be able to submit your time anytime between 12/12 and 12/19. Please follow all of the steps below in order to be included in the results;
- Run or walk the race distance anywhere - even on a treadmill. If you are running/walking outside, please make sure you are following all social distancing rules and follow ALL local, state, and federal mandates!
- Take a picture of your time/distance. It can be through Strava, Garmin, Mapmyrun, or even a picture of your watch or treadmill display. As long as we can see your distance / time, you are good!
- Email your proof to email@example.com within the time window posted above. Times submitted outside of this window will not count. Please include your full name in the email. ***VERY IMPORTANT*** In the subject line of your email, please put "Lights of Life 5K Results Submission" This will help us know which event you are participating in.
- We will have virtual results posted and sent out by 12/21.