Isle of Palms Connector Run and Walk for the Child, Oct. 7, 2023.
5K, 10K, get up, get running, give back.
Join our fight against abuse in the Lowcountry. The Isle of Palms Connector Run will be a challenging road race across the IOP Connector. Starting at 8 AM on the Isle of Palms, crossing into Mount Pleasant and returning to IOP, 10K and 5K runners, walkers and teams of all experience levels and ages will be rewarded with beautiful vistas of the Atlantic Ocean, Intracoastal Waterway, local creeks, marsh views and waterfowl. The post-race festival for the family will feature live music, free beer (21+), kids area, cash prizes, awards ceremony and vendor exhibits.
All funds raised go directly to local organizations for the prevention of child abuse and healing those affected by it. Over the past three decades @ioprun has given back over $1,000,000 to local nonprofits. $92,000 was awarded in 2022 to the following beneficiaries: HALOS, My Sister’s House, Lowcountry Orphan Relief, Florence Crittenton Programs, Dee Norton Child Advocacy Center, Darkness to Light, CAPA Child Abuse Prevention Center, Carolina Youth Development Center, Windwood Family Services, and I GOT LEGS.
Presented by the Isle of Palms Exchange Club, The City of Isle of Palms, and the Town of Mount Pleasant. Let’s get up, get running and keep giving back. IOPrun.com
Event details and schedule
Runner Instructions for an Enjoyable Race!
Before the Race:
- Packet Pickup will be Friday, October 6, 2023 from 10:30am to 7pm at: IOP Exchange Club, 201 Palms Blvd, Isle of Palms, SC 29451
- The Isle of Palms Connector, Hwy 517 will close at 7 am Saturday morning. After 7 am, use the Ben Sawyer bridge and Sullivan’s Island.
- Parking is at the Isle of Palms City lot on Pavilion. Volunteers will direct you to parking.
- Overflow parking is at the Charleston County Park on Ocean Blvd.
- For the safety of the runners, no pets allowed on the course.
- Race starts at 8 AM for both the 10K and 5K on Palm Blvd.
- Strollers and walkers begin near the back of the group.
- Walkers allowed on 5K course only.
During the Race:
- You must cross the start line for your bib time to start.
- Your race bib and number must always be visible from the front.
- Only registered runners are allowed on the course.
- Keep your race bib flat to ensure accurate timing.
- If you need medical assistance, notify the nearest volunteer in a grey t-shirt.
- Water will be provided along the course at the 5K and 10K turnarounds, as well as at the finish line after the race.
Post Race Party:
- Enjoy the post-race festivities open to you and your guests. Live band, great vendors, kids’ area, and beer for those 21 and older with ID.
- All awards based on chip time.
- Age Group Medals for 1st, and 2nd place in each category. Male and Female, in each age group for 5K, 10K and virtual runners.
- Cash awards for overall winners.