Come and experience the scenic beauty and challenging trails of Snow Mountain Ranch in this early season classic only event. Challenge yourself to the single lap 7.5K course, or double your enjoyment and ski two laps on the 15K course.
Avoid the weekend traffic before the Snow Mountain Ranch Classic Race by coming early and staying late! With a stay at Snow Mountain Ranch, you’re sure to get a full night’s sleep before the race. Bring the whole family and enjoy access to over 120K of groomed Nordic ski, snowshoe, ice skating, tubing and so much more.
Event details and schedule
7.5K - 10:15AM (1 Lap)
15K - 10:00AM (2 Laps)
Snow Mountain Classic
7.5K - $30
15K - $45
Racer info Snow Mountain Ranch Classic Race 2023
Welcome to the annual Snow Mountain Ranch Classic Race! Please read this info carefully to be prepared for a good race experience.
Use map below to get directions.
Legett Lodge upper floor is race headquarters and is where we have:
- 1. Same day registration and bib pickup, closes at 9:30am.
- 2. Restrooms
- 3. Awards after the race
- 4. Please leave your skis outside, access to courses is on the east side of the building.
- 1. We are expecting many vehicles so please follow the directions given.
- 2. No parking below the Legett Lodge, Drop Off only.
- 3. P1 - upper-level Legett Lodge
- 4. P2 – Ballfield
- 5. P3 – Nordic Center, ski to race 1K.
- 6. No Parking along roads for pedestrian safety.
- • Remember the start is 0.5K from the Legett Lodge • Use your best judgement in start position selection.
- • 15K – 10:00 am
- • 7.5K – 10:15 am
- • 3K – 10:20 am
- • Tour starts at 10:25 but avoid being on course when races are starting. WPCC to coordinate with Timing manager to when they can safely enter the course.
1/5/2023 10:07 PMCourses
- 1. 1K tour starts at the finish below Legett Lodge and do the loop on the meadow.
- 2. 3 K mass start following map 3K
- 3. 7.5K mass start following 7.5 K loop.
- 4. 15K mass start – 2 laps of the 7.5K loop.
- 5. All courses are well marked and course marshals on course to direct racers.
- 6. Be courteous to other racers on course, stay to the right side of trail to let faster skiers pass. There are a few narrow sections on course but plenty of wide trail that allows for safe passing.
- 7. There will be one feed station at the lap for the 15 K. To reduce our environmental impact there will not be any single use cups at the feed station and you’ll have to bring our own container.
- • All racers must be off course at 10 am, start first race.
- • All skiing on the racecourses must go in the race direction (CW).
- • Alternative warmup area is to the south on Pole Creek trail.