Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Green Heron Ale House1110 Flinchum Rd Danbury, NC 27016
Have you had a chance to see the beauty of Pilot Mountain and Hanging Rock State Park in the fall? This race is filled with wooded trails, stream crossings and gorgeous views, representing one of the most beautiful and difficult new races in the country.
Two Challenging Distances
Features point-to-point 50K (31 miles) and 50 mile trail race distances with tough climbs and uneven footing. This is not for the weak of heart or legs!
Only 400 Spots
The Pilot Mountain to Hanging Rock Trail Ultra is limited to the first 400 registrants! Register today to reserve your spot!
Event details and schedule
- Early Packet Pickup: 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm, Friday, October 9th Green Heron Ale House: 1110 Flinchum Rd, Danbury, NC 27016
- Race Day Packet Pickup at Respective Start Lines
- 50 Mile Race: 5:00 – 5:45 AM
- 50k Race: 6:15 – 7:30 AM
- Start Time 50 Miler: 6:00 AM
- Start Time 50 K: 7:45 AM
- Time aid Limit:
- Aid Station #6 (Mile 27.6 of 50M and 14.1 of 50K): 2:45 PM
- Aid Station #8 (Mile 36.5 of 50M and 23 of the 50K): 5:00 PM
- Aid Station #10 (Mile 44.6 of the 50M and 27.1 of the 50K) 7:00 PM
- Both race courses will close at 8:00 PM.
Shuttle Bus Schedule
We will have shuttle available to take you from the finish line to the start line before the races start on Saturday (there will be no shuttles returning to the start lines after the race). If you would like to take the shuttle, please add that to your online registration. The shuttles will be available until all seats are sold out.
- 3:40 AM – 3:55 AM: 50 mile bus load up at Finish Line
- 4:00 AM: 50 Mile bus departs
- 5:00 AM – 5:25 AM: 50K Early bus load up at Danbury Government Center
- 5:30 AM: 50K Early bus departs
- 5:45 AM – 6:05 AM: 50K Late bus load up at Danbury Government Center
- 6:10 AM: 50K Late bus departs
- 50K Start – Pilot Mountain State Park (1459 Pinnacle Hotel Rd, Pinnacle, NC) in the horse trailer parking lot on the corner of Culler Rd
- 50 Miler Start – Horse trailer parking lot at the end of the Pilot Mountain Corridor Trail (607 Hauser Rd Pinnacle, NC)
- Both races will make their way along the Pilot Mountain, Sauratown, and Hanging Rock Trail systems finishing at the end of Indian Creek Trail at the Green Heron Club (1110 Flinchum Rd, Danbury, NC) where good food, cold beer, and cheering fans will be waiting for you.
- Athletes can choose to drive themselves to the start line or they can park at the finish line early in the morning and take one of our hired buses to the start line (this option is only available until the seats are full). The cost of a ride to the start line will be $10.
We will have a bag check area at the start of both races. A bag to use for bag check will be provided to all athletes at registration. For security reasons, this is the only bag that will be allowed to be left at bag check. These bags will be taken to a midway point on the course (mile marker 27.6 of the 50 Miler and mile marker 14.1 of the 50K) and then to the finish line. You must have your bib number to claim your bag at the finish.