Lunch Option: Burrito Bowl
Nutritional Info: 650 calories, 100g carbohydrates, 28g protein, 15g fat, 17g fiber
- 1 ? cups cooked brown rice
- ? avocado
- ? cup red peppers chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of chopped onion
- ? cup Eden Organic Black Beans
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 4 tablespoons Tostitos salsa
- 3 ounces tempeh
- Triple this recipe for leftovers
1. Grill the tempeh in a pan in slices, put aside. Use spices as desired (I like a bit of tamari and sesame oil).
2. Cook brown rice in rice cooker (takes about 30 minutes but you don't have to watch it).
3. Chop up onions and garlic and brown in a pan. Put aside.
4. Place all veggies in the pan to heat them up and soften a bit but keep them crisp.
5. Mash avocado into a guacamole with some sea salt and fresh lime juice, 1 tablespoon.
6. Put a few dashes of cumin and cayenne pepper into the bean, cilantro mix and add more juice from one lime. I love lime so I add quite a bit.
7. Take the cooked rice and scoop the veggies on top, then the beans, then the guacamole and top with salsa! Fresh and simple. Keeps well for a few days as well for bulk meals.
8. Top with salsa (Tostitos is vegan)
Option: If you want more kick, take a can of chipotle peppers and take the sauce. Mix a teaspoon into the guacamole and add until it's hot enough for you!