The 8th annual Nicholas Fillinger Memorial Run will be held on July 17, 2021 on the beautiful campus of St. Bernard Prep School in Cullman, Alabama. Nicholas died tragically in a training accident in September 2013. St. Bernard was one of his favorite places to run.
The run benefits the Nicholas Fillinger Foundation. The Nicholas Fillinger Foundation ministers to orphans and children rescued from human trafficking. This year's proceeds will help the "Not Forgotten" orphanage in Iquitos, Peru. It also ministers locally in educating young athletes about safe and healthy training techniques, and provides a scholarship to a graduating senior who is pursuing higher education.
Event details and schedule
- Packet pick-up and Race Day registration - 6:30am to 7:15am
- The race will begin at 7:30 am
- Post race refreshments and celebration - 8:00am-8:45am
- Awards at approximately 8:45am
- Cross country type of course primarily on natural surface of well-groomed trails. There is a short segment on pavement. The course is rolling and very scenic. The starting line is located next to the gymnasium adjacent to the softball and baseball fields.
- As you enter the campus, bear to the left at the "Y" intersection and follow the signs for the gymnasium. There is a large parking lot at the gymnasium and the tennis courts. There will be parking attendants to assist you.
- Nicholas loved Cross Country more than track because of the team nature of the sport. In his honor there is a team division that allows participants to compete as individuals AND teams
- Teams must be at least 5 people. Teams may be co-ed.
- Teams MUST pre-register. There will be no race-day creation of teams
- Have fun with your team name and uniform (although uniform is not required)
- We encourage high school teams to use this race as a tune-up for final summer training!!