We're sorry, but this activity is over. The last meeting was Sunday, August 15, 2021.
Hike your way to wellness and explore sights and sounds of nature on this moderate, 2-2.5 mile hike. Each week explore the changing seasons in the nature preserve while meeting other outdoor enthusiasts. No walk-ins accepted. Pre-registration required.
Per the revised Proclamation approved by the Mecklenburg County Board of County Commissioners on June 1, 2021, Park and Recreation will follow the guidelines set forth regarding the wearing of face coverings in and around Park and Recreation facilities:
1. Any individual who desires to do so may wear a face covering in all indoor and outdoor Park and Recreation facilities.
2. Non-fully vaccinated individuals, adults and children, should wear a face covering inside County facilities and outdoors if in large gatherings and/or unable to socially distance.
3. Fully vaccinated individuals are not required to wear a face covering indoors or outdoors regardless of if social distancing is possible, except for the following situation:
- Indoor settings that primarily serve children including camps and other programs for participants under 18. All participants involved in or near such programs must wear a face covering.
- This includes programs conducted by agencies other than Park and Recreation but within Park and Recreation facilities.
This hike qualifies for our 100 mile hike club. Come prepared to hike approximately 2-2.5 miles on uneven terrain. Please wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes and dress appropriately for the weather. Please bring your own water bottle.
5- Adult (Ages 18+)
McDowell - Nature Center Parking Lot at McDowell Nature Center