Start the new year off with a new you!
The 5K Run/Walk for Hope will be held on Saturday, January 9, 2021 at Ed Hooper Park.
Take a step in the right direction and begin that healthier lifestyle.
Invite your friends and family, co-workers, and neighbors to improve their lives while supporting an organization who also improves lives through ongoing programs
like Hot Lunch for the homeless, Afterschool Program, Los Angeles de Esperanza, Jobs for Life, Stanfield Free Medical Clinic, MACC wellness clinic, and a community garden .
Want to participate with your school, business or organization? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with a group discount!
Children ages 16 and under are $10 for the 5K and $5 for the 1K
Prices reflected during checkout
Mail In Registration
To register by mail please complete and return our Mail-in Registration Form!
What You Get!
Custom Event Finisher's Medal for all participants
Custom Event Dri-Fit Shirt.
- Age Group Awards for Top Three in all Age Groups. Our age groups are the following:
Age Groups: 14 & Under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-79, 80 & over.
- Real Time Results and Photos on StartLine Racing's website or Mobile App (on Apple and Google)
- Event managed by StartLine Racing. Club SLR discounts do not apply.
Sleep in for Hope
Sleep in and give back to Seeds of Hope without having to go to the event! All sleep in participants will have an event shirt mailed to them!
Event details and schedule
5K Course Map - Coming Soon!
Race Day Information
Stroller and wagon friendly event
Leashed pet friendly
Due to the proximity of the parking lot, there is no bag check for this event.
Packet Pickup Opportunities
You will have one opportunity to pick-up your race packet (bib, chip, event swag, etc):
Saturday, January 9th during your selected arrival time at Ed Hooper Park (event site)
- January 9 9:00 AM - Staggered start Begins
Due to COVID-19 there will be changes in place to keep everyone safe.
- There will be staggered starts with assigned arrival times. Participants will not be allowed in the event area until their assigned arrival time. Time slots will start at 9:00am and go every 10 minutes until 10:00am. There will be a max of 40 people allowed to sign up for each time slot.
- There will be no water or Gatorade coolers out on the course or in the event area. We will only supply bottled water on the course. The event area will have bottled water and pre-packaged food.
- All StartLine staff will have masks and gloves
- Participants will be required to wear a mask in the event area but not out on the course.
- There will be no awards ceremony. Age group awards will be mailed out following the race.
If, for some reason, we are forced to cancel this event, all registered participants will be given the following options:
- Transfer to 2022 event
- Transfer to virtual event
If you have any questions in regards to this policy please email us at email@example.com