Course Records - Fred G. Bond Metro Park
Set a NEW course record & win a $10 gift code!
5K - Male: S. Franklin - 21:17 (2022) 10K - Male: T. Woolard/M. Yarborough - 45:24 (2022)
5K - Female: R. Bhatnagar - 23:36 (2022) 10K - Female: J. Barker - 52:31 (2022)
Fit & Able is proud to bring back the Stars, Stripes, & Strides event benefitting the US Veterans Corps to celebrate Veterans Day weekend!
Their Mission: We are a Corps of Military and First Responder Veterans performing "Hands On" community service with a mission deployment attitude!
The US Veterans Corps was an idea that was based on the experiences that Ft. Bragg and Camp Lejeune Veterans had while volunteering for ABC’s Extreme Makeover Home Edition and Operation: Coming Home that built and donated a brand new Hero Home for a disabled combat veteran. When the keys were delivered and the event ended there was a strong urge from these Veterans to continue the mission and therefore created the US Veterans Corps.
Other US Veterans Corps missions include:
- Toys For Lil’ Troops - Toys For Lil’ Troops provides toys to the children of deployed or low income troops.
- Rescue Ruck - Rescue Ruck provides food for US Military & First Responder Veteran families in need.
- Rescue Response Team - The Rescue Response Team provides aid during natural disasters. We also respond to other emergency and contingency missions.
- Tactical Caisson Unit/Funeral Honors - The US Veterans Corps Tactical Caisson Unit transports US Military & First Responder Veterans. No hearse for our Heroes.
- Military Vehicles USA - Military Vehicles USA is a group of veteran volunteers who restore military vehicles and equipment for civilian service. Our objective is to educate and serve our community with these historic vehicles.
Stars, Stripes, & Strides shirts are included with 5K and 10K registration and finishers medals for all runners guaranteed if signed up by October 30th.
Invite your friends and family to run together!
Stars, Stripes, & Strides is part of Fit & Able's Free-for-All Race Series.
If you are interested in sponsoring the Stars, Stripes, & Strides please email Info@FitandAble.net for more information!We can't wait to see you at Stars, Stripes, & Strides!
For more information and to sign up for Strides, Stripes, & Strides: https://www.starsstripesandstrides.com