Join us for the 10th Annual Buckeye Marathon, Half, 10K, 5K, and 1 Mile Fun Run.
Known for its downhill and fast course
(marathoners will drop over 530 feet in elevation from the start to finish),
the marathon route starts in the community of Sun City Festival before
making its way around the beautiful White Tank Mountains and ending at the
runway of the Buckeye Municipal Airport.
Half Marathon, 10K, 5K and 1M runners will start and finish at the airport, with
views of the White Tank Mountains on the outgoing section of the out-and-back
This event will be run on a USATF Certified Course and serves as a Boston/National Qualifier.
All events will be chip timed. The marathon course will be a closure time of 6 hours, requiring a minimum pace time of 13:45/mile.
Proceeds will benefit the City of Buckeye Youth Scholarship Fund, giving kids the opportunity to participate in recreational activities throughout the city.
Event details and schedule
Sponsor and Vendor Opportunities
The 10th Annual City of Buckeye Marathon will be here before you know it!! If you have not already committed to something else, we would love to provide you the opportunity to be a sponsor or vendor at the event.
Interested? Please email Brandon Washington at firstname.lastname@example.org
For our current vendor application please visit us here.
Mail-in Registration Form
To register by mail please complete and return our Mail-in Registration Form! Please make checks payable to StartLine Racing.
What You Get!
Custom Event Medal for all participants in the Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K, 5K and 1M events.
Custom Event Dri-Fit Tech T-Shirt for all participants in the Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K, 5K and 1M events. Option to upgrade to a long sleeve shirt or select 'No Shirt' and receive $5 off your registration.
Age Group Awards for Top Three in all Age Groups for the Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K and 5K distances only. Our age groups are the following:
- 8 & Under, 9 & 10, 11-13, 14-17, 18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75 & over
Pre- and Post-Race "Runner's Brunch" (granola bars, fruit, water, Gatorade, etc)
Event managed by StartLine Racing. Club SLR discounts do not apply.
Entry Into Post Race Festival.
Please note any race related items (shirts, medals, etc.) will NOT be mailed to those that do not attend.
Race Day Information
Race Day Check In will be available beginning at 7:00am for the Marathon start in Sun City Festival and 8:00am at Buckeye Municipal Airport for the Half Marathon, 10K, 5K and 1 Mile participants.
We accept cash, check, and credit cards on race day
- Race day pricing will be: Marathon $110, Half Marathon $80, 10K $65, 5K $50,1 Mile Fun Run $30
Marathon Parking and Shuttles
- We ask that all marathon participants park at the starting line location (Sun City Festival Baseball Field - map).
Shuttles will be available from the finish line area to return you to your vehicle.
- Shuttles will run every 30 minutes starting at Noon with the final shuttle leaving the finish area at 3:00pm.
On Race Day there will be alternate directions to the Buckeye Municipal Airport due to road closures for the race route. Please use the following direction to the event area at the airport: As these races will start and end at the Airport, no bag check will be available.
- From I-10, take AZ 85 Exit 112 to Yuma/Gila Bend (heading south)
- Turn Right onto W. Southern Avenue from AZ 85 (heading west)
- Turn Right onto S. Palo Verde Road from W. Southern Avenue (heading north)
- Turn Left into the Buckeye Municipal Airport - 3000 S. Palo Verde Road.
Strollers are welcome
No pets allowed on this course
The marathon course will be a closure time of 6 hours and the half marathon course will have a closure time of 5 hours.
On Course Support InformationWater and Gatorade will be located approximately every two miles of the marathon course through Mile 20 and at every mile there after; for the half marathon and 5K courses, water stations will be available at every mile.
GU Energy Gels will be available during the marathon at miles 8, 16, and 22. For the half marathon gels will be available at mile 8.5.
Restrooms will be located approximately every two miles along the course.
Packet Pickup Opportunities - NEW for 2024!
Packet Pick-up is available on Friday, January 5th from 3-7pm at TownePlace Suites by Marriott - Buckeye (map)
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott is located at 1550 N Verrado Way, Buckeye, AZ 85396
Race Day Packet Pick-Up will be available beginning at 7:00am for the Marathon start in Sun City Festival and 8:00am at Buckeye Municipal Airport for the Half Marathon, 10K, 5K and 1 Mile participants.
Become a Buckeye Marathon Volunteer
The City of Buckeye is seeking volunteers to help with the 10th Annual Buckeye Marathon. Volunteers are needed in a variety of areas, which include manning water stations and distributing medals.
This is a great way to get involved with the community and cheer on runners from all over. Other benefits of volunteering include meeting new people, receiving volunteer credit hours, and being compensated with a commemorative shirt and lunch.
Volunteer opportunities are open for groups or individuals. All ages welcome. Shifts start between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
For more information, contact Adam Melle at (623) 349-6350 or email@example.com.
Area Hotel Room Blocks
Discounted room blocks are available at the following hotels:
- January 5 3:00 PM - Packet Pick-up at TownePlace Suites by Marriott from 3-7pm
- January 6 7:00 AM - Race Day Packet Pick-up Opens in Sun City Festival for the Marathon start
- January 6 8:00 AM - Marathon Begins (at Sun City Festival Baseball Fields)
- January 6 8:00 AM - Race Day Packet Pick-up Opens at the Buckeye Municipal Airport for all other participants
- January 6 9:00 AM - Half Marathon Begins
- January 6 9:15 AM - 10K Begins
- January 6 9:30 AM - 5K Begins
- January 6 9:45 AM - 1 Mile Fun Run Begins
- January 6 10:45 AM - Award Ceremony Begins (approx)