Intermediate Karate - Tuesdays at 6:4574 Joy Street Boston, MA 02114 Organized by Hill House
About this event
We're sorry, but this program is over. The last meeting was Tuesday, February 14, 2023.
At this level, with some practice under their belt, students know that the rules are in place to protect them. Respect has taught them caution. Participants understand eye-contact as a method of communication. At this level, students will continue to practice sparring and the benefits of self-defense as they begin to earn stripes and different color belts and practice goal-setting and obtainment.
Equipment needed for this program:
- Uniforms can be purchased from the instructor for $45 (cash preferred, venmo available) on the first day of class. Your child will need a uniform (dogi), a mouth guard ($3) and boys will need a protective cup ($12). Uniform patches can also be purchased from the instructor ($5).
- All other needed equipment or materials will be recommended by the instructor the first week or provided by Hill House.
Important guidelines and notes for this season:
- This is a DROP-OFF (guardian leaves the participant) program.
- If class is cancelled due to inclement weather or the instructor being unavailable, we will offer a make- up class.
- We are unfortunately unable to provide individual make-up classes if the participant is absent.
- An administrative fee ($20) may be applied for withdrawal requests after the start of the season.
- For our most up-to-date health & safety guidelines regarding COVID-19, please visit our website’s dedicated COVID-19 page.
- All Hill House families are expected to abide by our Code of Conduct—treating our staff, volunteers, and other families with respect. Violations will be reported, and multiple violations may result in action, including removal from programs.
Joy Street Gym at 74 Joy St at 74 Joy Street
November 29, 2022 - February 14, 2023
6:45 PM to 7:30 PM