Intermediate Foil Fencing - Mondays at 6:00Firehouse 127 Mount Vernon Street Boston, MA 02108 Organized by Hill House
About this event
We're sorry, but this program is over. The last meeting was Monday, February 27, 2023.
Participants will be introduced to the rules of the sport, the parts of the foil, how to hold the foil and the on-guard stance. Instructors will demonstrate basic footwork, the target area for foil, basic attacks and preparations for attacks and defenses. Our weekly meetings will include practicing each of these introductory techniques. The beginner course touches upon common technical fencing terms such as piste, parry, riposte, etc. Safety in fencing is emphasized throughout the course. After taking a year of fencing at the beginner level, students will be considered for the intermediate level.
Equipment needed for this program:
- All needed equipment or materials will be recommended by the instructor the first week or provided by Hill House.
- This is a DROP-OFF (guardian leaves the participant) program.
- If class is cancelled due to inclement weather or the instructor being unavailable, we will offer a make- up class.
- We are unfortunately unable to provide individual make-up classes if the participant is absent.
- An administrative fee ($20) may be applied for withdrawal requests after the start of the season.
- For our most up-to-date health & safety guidelines regarding COVID-19, please visit our website’s dedicated COVID-19 page.
- All Hill House families are expected to abide by our Code of Conduct—treating our staff, volunteers, and other families with respect. Violations will be reported, and multiple violations may result in action, including removal from programs.
Main Assembly Room at 127 Mt Vernon St at Firehouse
November 28, 2022 - February 27, 2023
6:00 PM to 6:40 PM
Age and Gender
Firehouse127 Mount Vernon Street Boston, MA 02108